[ussgeorgetown] "Repots and Orders"

  • From: DrNellieCoyne@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:34:07 EDT

"Reports and Orders"
Lt. T'Leara and Lt. Viviana Lazzara-Henderson

There was a heaviness in the air around Vivie as she sat at her desk  working
on her reports for her Lieutenant. Everything she'd learned was pointing  at
one of her friends and it was hurting her in ways she'd never felt  before.
She felt like screaming, crying, beating away the bad things  that loomed over
them, but when it came down to it all she could do was her job.

The sound of the main doors hissing open caused Vivie to look up. T'Leara
was back. It was time to do what she'd been dreading. Standing slowly, Vivie
made her way towards the Vulcan woman. "Welcome back, Lieutenant."

T'Leara nodded slightly, reminding herself that such pleasantries were  human
custom. "Thank you."

Vivie tried hard to keep the mix of professionalism and her personality
she'd spent so much time working on in place, but it wasn't easy. "I have
information about the murder cases. Would you like to talk about it now or
settle in
first?"

T'Leara gave her full attention to the young security officer. "Begin. I am
listening."

Looking around the room at the others, Vivie motioned towards T'Leara's
office. At the other woman's nod, she followed her in and waited until the door

was shut behind her. "There's a total of four bodies and one barely alive vic.
Two of the dead were killed with a snap of the neck. Two by knife wounds. The
 two snapped necks have the same traces of a paralyzing drug as the vic in
sick  bay."

T'Leara nodded. "Go on."

Vivie took a deep breath before going on. "Five of Twelve and the Sergeant
Major working the forensic team have IDed the blades used on the second pair as
 Klingon. They've also matched a set of finger prints."

"Who do they match?" T'Leara prompted, wishing she'd get to the bottom  line.

"Ensign Joshua Garrity." Vivie answered softly.

T'Leara's brows went up quickly. Surely she'd heard wrong. "I apologize,
lieutenant, but it appears I've misheard you. Kindly repeat."

Vivie could see, despite the fact her CO was a Vulcan, that T'Leara didn't
like the idea of it being Josh any more then she did. "I wish I had miss
spoken,  Lieutenant, but I didn't. All the evidence points to Josh and all the
interviews  I've done have provided reasons."

T'Leara sat down, looking at Vivie intently."Okay...convince me."

The last thing Vivie wanted to do was convince anyone of Josh's guilt. Damn
job, damn duty, damn fates. "The second vic was the delegate named IIom. He
was  the same man who fought with Doctor Coyne in the lounge. Ensign Garrity
and
 Doctor Coyne are close. The vic in sick bay is the Maritu who had words with
 Ensign Garrity in the hall outside her cabin. She referred to him in a
derogatory manner in that exchange. The Maritu found stabbed was her aide. The
only Kalari that's been killed was in the same room as the last two Maritu. We
can' connect him to the first murder other then by the fact his neck was
snapped."

"And do you?" T'Leara asked.

"In defense of someone he cares about." Vivie said softly as she tucked  hair
behind her ear. "Not in a cold calculated way. Which makes this even harder
because it does look as if he were acting on behalf of the Coyne woman and
possibly his younger brother. The Maritu male assaulted Doctor Coyne. If the
Maritu female had pressed him about were he and his brother had come from then
he could have seen her as a threat to the boy."

T'Leara sat back, stifling a sigh. This was not the news she wanted to  hear,
that the nephew of their commanding officer could in fact be the one  behind
the failure of the mission and the murder of the arbitrator and several
delegates as well. "Has he been questioned yet?"

Vivie shook her head. "I wanted to report to you before I brought him in."

T'Leara nodded as she rose. "Consider it reported. I am going to review all
of the evidence myself. In the meantime, bring him in."

"Yes Ma'am." Vivie replied. She'd have to ask Eddie for the use of a couple
of his MPs. She wasn't sure she could do it on her own if the answer to her
next  question was yes. "Do we officially arrest him?"

T'Leara considered that a moment, then slowly nodded. "We have sufficient
physical evidence to do so. It would appear to be the next logical step."

Vivie felt as if she were going to be ill. All the color drained from her
face and she felt as if she were going to throw up. "Yes Ma'am." She waited to
be dismissed and then walked out into the main area were her desk was. She
walked over and pulled her phaser and it's holster from her desk and then
slapped her comm badge. "Eddie, send one of your MP teams to meet me outside
security ASAP. Lazzara out."