[ussgeorgetown] Getting Burned by Nikolas Renaldi & Senek Menkara

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:27:47 EDT

There was a heaviness in the air. An almost choking  feeling that seemed to
have settled over the entire ship. It was making Nikolas  edgy. He knew it was
because of the murders that were happening. He knew that  something big was
about to go down. At this point the only thing he could do was  hope that at
the
end of this nightmare the Georgetown would still be in once  piece.

Tearing his gaze from the stars on the forward viewer,  Nikolas looked down
at the readouts on the command chair console. "Ship's  status, Mister Menkara."

Senek looked up from the status panel then turned very  carefully in his seat
to face the First Officer.  It seemed to him that  most of the people on the
ship, Humanoids or not, were al a bit on edge.   He hated to admit that he had
to include himself in that mix, illogical though  it was.  There was nothing
he could really do about it, except maybe in the  case of his own quarters.
He'd made it clear to Zachary and his brother  that Joshua was welcome to visit
and stay.  If nothing else, the rooms were  a quiet, serene place in the
middle of chaos.

"No new reports from any departments, sir," he began  then a flicker of light
caught his eye.  The 'incoming message' icon,  silent because the noise
really annoyed him, was blinking.  "There is,  however, an incoming message
addressed to you and the captain."

"Put it on screen, Commander." Nikolas replied as he  sat up ram rod straight
in the command chair.

The forward viewer's image of the stars was quickly  replaced by the image of
a woman in her late fifties. There  were lines round the woman's eyes and her
silver hair was pulled  back into a tight braid. "Commander Renaldi."

"Commodore Lopez." Nikolas replied. He knew the moment  the head of Star
Fleet Security appeared on the screen that this wasn't going to  be a pleasant
call. "What can we do for you, Ma'am?"

"There's a change in your orders, Commander." Lopez  replied as she looked
head on into the screen. "Your to abort the transport  assignment and report to
Deep Space Nine in four days. The delegations you have  onboard will be
transferred to the Enterprise. The Georgetown will be dock with  the station
and
await further orders."

Being taken off an assignment wasn't a good thing and  Nikolas has to fight
the urge to flinch. "Who shall we report to when we  arrive?"

"You'll be contacted when you arrive."

Nikolas nodded. "Yes, Ma'am."

"Lopez out." With that the screen went dark before  returning to the view of
the stars.

"Helm, plot course to Deep Space Nine warp seven and  hold for my mark."
Nikolas ordered. "Mister Menkara, send a copy of out new  orders to the Captain
and let me know when we have his confirmation to change  course."

Senek had the message ready and a simple flick of his  finger had it sent as
soon as the XO requested it.  To his surprise, the  reply was not long in
coming back.  Rather than repeat the comments loud  enough for everyone to
hear,
he approached the center chair.  He was  already significantly taller than
Renaldi so he pitched his voice just loud  enough for him to hear.

"Sir, the captain has approved the course changes but  he had another
comment," Senek said carefully.  "He asked whether we were  going from the fire
the frying pan or was it going to be the other way  around."

Nikolas could feel the tell tale signs of a  headache coming on. "Either way,
Mister Menkara, we're going to get  burned," he replied so only the Vulcan
could hear him. He then turned to the  young woman at helm. "Engage, Ensign."