<USS Eagle> "The Quintox Log"

  • From: Malachi Styles <malachistyles@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Eagle list <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:08:08 -0400

"The /Qunitox Log"
by Lt. Troy Banning

/ The computer console beeped obediently as Lt. Troy Banning entered to commands to access the ship's logs. With the mysterious intruders secured in the cargo bay, and security officers/in place, it was safe to /onlock they ship's systems, which apparently the commanding officers had put in place prior to whatever happened to them. "Captain's Log coming on the main screen now, Moon," Banning informed Lt. Moonshadows to Enien, who had been put in charge of the team to secure the /Vesta/-class ship. The Slvoaan officer simply nodded and looked at the large screen.

"/Captain's Log Stardate 66064.15: We were originally supposed to make a slip-stream jump to the Delta Quadrant to start more mapping runs of the area previously visited by the U.S.S. /Voyager. /Once the slip-stream conduit was openend, and we were on our way, we somehow have been re-directed to the far reaches of the Beta Quadrant. The dropping to normal space was sudden, and we have experienced minor equipment failure, but I am assured by Commander Tourine that we will have no issues with getting back on course."

"Captain's Log, supplemental: My chief engineer's assurances of a quick jaunt to the Delta Quadrant has preoven to be not so easy to complete. While all systems say the slip-stream core is functioning properly, we cannot generate a new conduit. If there is any good news out of this situation, it is we are not within Enclave territory and have not detected any activity within their border."

"Captain's Log, Stardate 66066.89: We are still inable to open a slip-stream conduit to even return to the Alpha Quadrant. Chief engineer Tourine assures me it is not due to equipment failure. My science officers are now examining the very fabric of this area of space.

"Captain's log, Stardate 66066.90: We have detected the approach of a rather large ship. It is easily twice the sixe of /Quintox/and possibly just as powerful. We have checked it against what we know the Enclave use as their space craft and there is no match.

"Captain's log, supplemental: We have gone to maximum warp in an effort to shake this unidentified ship. We have attempted peaceful communications with them, however they either cannot understand us or..." The ship shakes violently. Sparks can be seen from a side console. "They are still gaining on us. How fast can they go? We have sent a distress call out, and hopefully Stafleet can receive if over the slip-stream communicator relay left behind by the /Eagle/several years ago, and get us some help here.

"Captain's log, Stardate 66067.0: The attackers have overtaken us. While we have continually tried to communicate with them, all we have received is high pitched...." The captain looks offscreen a moment. "We now have intruders! They have actually blow out the hangar bay doors and there are now alien shuttles on our bay. We have attempted to self-destruct the ship, but due to battle damage, the fail-safe system is off-line. I am ordering a full lock-down of all ship's systems, should we not be able to defend the ship any longer, at least they will not be able to take it over."

/The recording stopped. Apparently, that was the last log the captain was able to record before whatever happened to her and her crew occurred.

###