<USS Eagle> "The Commander Rings Twuce"

  • From: Roman Haas <romnhaas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:28:16 -0400

ON
    The familiar tingling of the transporter sensation had not sooner faded, when his comm badge chirped.
    "Dauntless to Commander Haas."
    "Haas here," Rommie stated, tappting his comm badge and stepping off the transporter padd.
    "Captain Marqusa is hailing you, sir," the Dauntless officer reported.
    "Put it through to my badge," Rommie ordered, glad that the ensign hadn't told Gwen he was alrady headed her way.  He wimked at the transporter officer, and put his finger to his lips in the "Shhhh" motion.
    "Gwen!" Rommie said, acting surprised. "Sorry for the audio only, Sweetie."

    Gwen sat on her bed reading over crew profiles when Ensign Williams notified her that the Dauntless was on the comm.  She set the the PADD down and waited for Rommie to get on the line.  It only took a moment.  Upon hearing his voice she couldn't help but smile.
    "I hope I'm not interrupting something Rommie.  How are you?"

    "Well, you are kind of interrupting, " Rommie admitted as he stepped into the turbolift.  "Deck 3.  But, I always can make the time for you, Gwen.  I'm doing great.  The ship is pretty much ready."
    "Yeah, the Persephone is ready too.  It's nice to have some familar senior officers here.  I do miss my favorite officer though.  Lt. Ashton is good . . . but . . . "  She let that trail off.

    Rommie chuckled.  "Don't you go picking on your engineer now.  I know Ashton's record." He stepped out of the lift and walked the short distance to the door he wanted.  He passed his hand over the sensor, so the chime would sound in Gwen's quarters. "She's written some informative papers on slip-stream mechanics."

    Gwen looked up from the bed, "Just a sec Rommie, someone's at the door."  She stepped out into the living area, "Come in."
    Rommie suppressed a small chuckle as the door slid open.  "I can wait as long as you want, and I hope it's not your boyrfriend coming to see you," he said as he stepped through the doorway.
    A huge smile crossed Gwen's face when she saw Rommie.  She wanted to run up to him and give him a huge hug, unfortunately, she didn't think that would be very Captain like.  Instead, she just said, "Sorry to dissapoint you, but it's the love of my life."  Then she tapped her comm badge to close the conversation.
    Haas stood there, a huge grin on his face.  He spread his arms open. "What?  No hug for the love of your life?"
    Gwen walked over and gave him a big hug, whispering, "I've missed you."
    The Dauntless' temporary skipper quickly reached down and swept her up in his arms.  "I've missed you too."  He carried her back inside her bedroom.

OFF
Captain Gwenivere Marqusa
CO, U.S.S. Persephone

Commander Roman Haas