<USS Eagle> Sim log/recap 070822

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:42:12 -0400

http://www.starfleetphoenix.com/eagle.html
Sim notes:

We pretty much are free from the Firegon at this point, so feel free to post a log of your choice during the week.

"The Firegon System"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt. Commanders Haas, Lost and Dr. Hamza, Lt.s Fox & Matsu; Lt.jg Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
NPCs used: Lt Soren (Marqusa), Lt. Vanik (Haas), Ens. Wren (Lost)
Stardate: supplemental

The investigation of the (now named) Firegon System continues.  Lt. Commander Haas takes the Falcon in closer to the world now inhabited by the Firegon.  Meanwhile, the officers aboard the Eagle continue to watch the Falcon's transmissions as they ponder what could have been done with the crews of all those ships the Firegon had captured and left for dead hulks in space.  As all this is going on, one of the newer Firegon ships comes cruising "home" and suddenly veers towards the disguised Eagle. Lt. Fox discovers a leakage of power which could be a "pointer to the Eagle's location.

End Recap

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
*** PiperRatchet has left the chat.
stephenfox01:  :AA:
RomnHaas: ::AA::
GwenivereMarqusa: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
haileypiperwren: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Supplemental:
ltyoshikomatsu: ::aa::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: The Eagle is in a holding position on the outskirts of the
Firegon system.
*** PiperRatchet has joined the chat.
PiperRatchet: test?
stephenfox01:  (Pass)
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah have decahded to consider it that, seeing as they have
taken up habitation there.  The space station they formerly had out in Sector
2312 is now in orbit around the third planet.
CommoLukasFyrstk: The Falcon, led by Lt. Commander Haas has gone into the
system to see what they could find out.
CommoLukasFyrstk: This far, it seems they have discovered a space junkyard,
which includes ships from al throughout the Federation,...
CommoLukasFyrstk: including two or three Starfleet vesels.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [SCI]  Malachi?  Were you able to ahdentifah any of the
ships there?
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :desides to work the bridge engineering station while his
boss is away:
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> ::walks out onto the bridge::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci>::Sitting in the dark Falcon shuttle with Rommie.::
Malachi Styles: SCI>  The Sabre-class ship could be the USS Hastings, sir.
They have been reported missing after venturing near sector 2312
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :looks over the readings Mal is getting, trying to get a
look at the damage to each starship:
RomnHaas: @CENG> I'm going to bring power back online.  Ready the sub mode
haileypiperwren: <Ops>::sitting at her station on the bridge::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci>Ready to re engage sub mode.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :whinches as he looks over the Sabre class ship and
mutters; reminds me of my last posting.
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::powers up the Falcon::
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::Carefully rolls it away from the junk pile so as not to
attract a lotof attention::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> ::Engages sub mode.::
RomnHaas: @CENG> Let's see how close we can get to the base.  Also, signal the
Eagle that we are okay.
ltjgmelody: @CNS>::In the councelor's office offering councel to the survivors::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Ah wonder what they did with the crews of those other
ships?
PiperRatchet: <CMO>::In sickbay::
PiperRatchet: [Apologies, computer acting up. I've been trying to install
Rosetta stone for over a half hour]
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> Submode engaged we are again space debris.
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> I don't know, maybe they have other bases.  Though, I
can't understand why they would want to keep all of the crews like that.  Are
they doing experimentations?
stephenfox01:  <AENG>: Maybe they are sold for slave labor sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: @CO>  Ah don't think so.  IF you remember they had all those
other crews in that camp for years, only keeping them in filth.
Malachi Styles: SCI> Maybe they believe they are fighting a war, and these
people are their P.O.W..s.
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::Slowly glides the disguised Falcon in the same path as the
Firegon ship took.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> Maybe, but it still doesn't make much sense to me.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  All of our dealings with the Firegon haven't made a lot
of sense.
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> Yeah
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  Yoshi's sensors pick up high energy levels on the
planet the station orbits::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :looks over the data from the Saber class ship one more
time, wonders if they could get it operational again if they have too: ~Never
hurts to have some back up.
stephenfox01:  ~
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Rommie I'm picking up some high energy readings from
planet.
RomnHaas: @CENG> Any ideas what it could mean?
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> They are melting the ships down to use?
RomnHaas: @CENG>  That would be my guess as well.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Firegon ship nears the planet.  Suddenly a
powerful tractor beam issues forth from the planet and grabs the derelict ship::
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> Well that's diffrent.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Ah wonder if they would have trahed to take the starbase
they had attacked.
haileypiperwren: <Ops>::monitors the Falcon::
stephenfox01:  <AENG>:watches the view sceen with intrest:
RomnHaas: @CENG>  And highly inefficient.
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo>Who knows.
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Agreed but no one ever accused the Firegon of being
highly intellegent.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Eagle's tactical sensors detect the approach of
one of the newer Firegon ships::
RomnHaas: @CENG>  No, and that is what makes them really dangerous.
RomnHaas: @CENG> Are you detecting any special sensor grids or listening posts
close to the planet?
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren><tac>[co] Captain, I'm detecting the approach of
another Firegon ship.  One of their newer ones sir.
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci>::Reads the scanners::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The ship had been on a heading towards the system,
but suddenly veered towards the disguised Eagle::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::Yoshi detects on additional sensor posts::
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> What's it's heading Soren?
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> I am detecting one sir.
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren><tac>[xo] They were heading towards the system.
However, they just changed direction and are now heading towards us sir.
RomnHaas: @CENG>  Can we avoid being detected by it?
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :runs a quick check of the sub mode:
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> I believe so.
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo> How far away are they?
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> It seems to just be short range.
RomnHaas: @CENG>  I want to take us close enough to get a good sensor reading
of what they're doing down there
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci>::Sends the minum they can get with out being detected to
Rommie's console::
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren>[xo] At their current speed, they will be within
weapon's range in about 5 minutes Cmdr.
RomnHaas: @CENG>  Okay.  Here we go.  Let me know when you have a good enough
scan of the operation down there. ::moves the Falcon close to the planet::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> ;mutters a curse to himself: <XO, CO> Sir, recommend we
cut power to all systems except for passive sensors and the submode system sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::curses under is breath:: Go to red alert, Lt.  Do not
raise sheilds yet, but power weapons.
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci>::When in range she tries to get the best scan of the
planet with out getting detected.::
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren>::sounds red alert, manually overrides the sheilds
coming up, powers up weapons::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [AENG\  Be ready to bring all systems online, Lt.
stephenfox01:  :<AENG> <CO> Aye sir
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The older Firegon ship turns and starts to head out of the
system, in the same direction as the Eagle::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :prepares the ship for what ever the captain desires:
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren> Captain, I am also detecting that the older Firegon
ship is heading our way.
haileypiperwren: <Ops>This doesn't sound good
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Rommie the Firegon ship is heading out.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [TAC]  Just keep your sahghts on the newer one, for now
RomnHaas: @CENG> How much more time will you need?
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> Just finishing up now.
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Ok we are good to go.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :looks over the sub mode system once again and lets loose
a good: D&^MMIT!!!  We have some signal leakage around the starboard impulse
wing. :works his console: I cant get it to stablize with
stephenfox01:  out taking the whole grid down.
RomnHaas: @CENG> Let me know when.  I will try to catch up to the Firegon and
we can go thru the sensor grid together.
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Now is when...
GwenivereMarqusa: <Soren>::raises an eyebrow:: Aye sir.  ::keeps an eye on both
ships, along with everything else in the area, but watches the newer one more
intently::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Everyone stand bah. How bad is the leakage, Mr. Fox?
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::turns the Falcon away from the planet and increases power to
try and catch up to the older Firegon ship.::
RomnHaas: @CENG> Signal the Eagle that we are coming out.
GwenivereMarqusa: <xo>::wonders how long the leakage has been there::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> ::Sends the Eagle a signal that they are returning.::
stephenfox01: <AENG> :checks his readings: <CO> They cant get a full reading on
our power grid, but we are putting out more energy
stephenfox01: then a derelict should be sir. And its getting worce. I estimate
that they will be able to full y detect us with in 30 mins sir.
haileypiperwren: <Ops> The Falcon is returning, they are following the older
ship out.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  We need a diversion, and Ah think Ah have it.  [OPS]
Ensign, Tell Mr. Haas we a diversion.
haileypiperwren: <Ops>[co] aye sir
haileypiperwren: <Ops>::contacts the Falcon and informs them of what the
captain said::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Have him take out a couple of the junk ships and head to
coordinates 394, Mark 2.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((that should have been 354, mark 2))
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> The Captain wants us to grab a couple of the junk ships
and head to coord 354 mark 2.
RomnHaas: @CENG>  Grab a couple?  Are you sure?
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Take out... as in destroy them))
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> I'm sorry he wants us to blow a couple up...
RomnHaas: @CENG> :reroutes the Falcon towards the junk yard::
haileypiperwren: <Ops>::relays the information::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> He said take out...my mistake...
RomnHaas: @CENG> Now that I can do.
RomnHaas: @CEG> [SEC1] REady on the phasers
ltyoshikomatsu: @ CSci> Phasers are hot and ready.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: The new Firegon ship starts to scan the area::
RomnHaas: ((There is a security officer, remember))
ltyoshikomatsu: (Nope I forgot.))
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren>The new ship is scanning the area.
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::brings the Falcon close to the junk pil;e::  Fire phasers!
Target fuel cells of those older cruisers.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Falcon's security officers does so.  The result
is a large explosion which can be detected outside the system as well as
inside::
RomnHaas: @CENG> Give me the grid again, Yoshi.  We can't go out where we came
in
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::Both Firegon ships suddenly turn towards the explosion::
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> Captain Frysk wants us to go to 354 mark 2
RomnHaas: @CENG>  Right, I am on the heading. We need to see to slip through
the grid.
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci>::Scans the grid for an opening for them.::
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren> Both ships have changed course, they are now heading
towards the explosion sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The newer Firegon ship increases speed as the older one
changes course::
stephenfox01:  <AENG>:sighes as the other ships move off:
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [TAC]  Any sahgn of the Falcon?
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren> Negative Captain.
RomnHaas: @CENG> Twenty seconds to the grid, Yoshi.  I'd like to get through
without them knowing
ltyoshikomatsu: @CSci> I found one. ::Sends the coords to Rommie.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM] PLot an intercept course for the coordinates Ah
gave the Falcon.  Stand bah on mah mark.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [TAC}  Let me know the moment the Firegon sensors won't
detect any change in our status
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren>Aye Sir.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  Aye, sir. ::Calculates and plots the course::
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::Gets the coordinates, takes the Falcon thru and goes to
warp.::
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren>I'm detecting the Falcon Captain
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM]  Engasge, Mr. Vanik
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commodore
Commanding USS Eagle, NCC 9561