<USS Eagle> Sim log/recap

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:03:41 -0500

http://www.starfleetphoenix.50megs.com/eagle.html
Notes:

Only to say that 2006 is off to a good start.  Great participation.  It looks like another good year for the sim.

Sim Recap:
"Cries of Help" part 2
Oficers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt Commanders: Haas & Lost, Lt. Tracy, Dr. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
Officers absent: Commander Bass,  Dr Hamza, Ltjg O'Brian, Ensign Rose (LOA)
NPCs used: Lt Vanik (Haas), Cns. Dennex (Fyrstk), Cadet Wren (Lost)
Stardate: Supplemental

The Eagle remained in station-keeping on the fringeof the massive energy storm.  As Dr. Melody tried focusing on where the beings in trouble might be, the being of light she had encountered before appeared on the bridge.  This time, however, it was very much weakened.

The being communicated with Melody, Gwen and Malachi.  As it disappeared from the bridge, Josie pulled up a comparison scan from the last time the being was aboard ship.  He analysis showed the being infected.  Now the Eagle crew must find a way to cure these light beings.

End Recap

JPEG image

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
Lt Josie Tracy: ::AA::
Lt JG Melody: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
GwenivereMarqusa: ::AA::
T L Lost: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mr. Haas has indicated he is having a problem getting in, so
let's wish him luck
CommoLukasFyrstk: Anyhow.....
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log: Supplemental
CommoLukasFyrstk: We have come to the edge of a very strange energy storm which
Dr. Melody has led us to claiming she is receiving some sort of call for
medical help
CommoLukasFyrstk: As we have gone around the perimeter of the storm, the good
doctor indicates the spot we are currently at is a stronger reference point for
the beings..... whomever they may be.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>:Looks over to the swirling energies.: Josie, Malachi?  Do
you detect anything further in ..... there?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> The scans really can't penetrate the energy storm.
Malachi Styles: SCI> I don't see anything either sir.
RomnHaas has entered the room.
GwenivereMarqusa: (Glad you could finally join us Rommie)
RomnHaas: ((Did I miss much?))
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Gwen? Mal? Can't you feel them?
GwenivereMarqusa: (Just the whole CO's log and a couple of other things)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Gwen can, but Mal cannot))
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Yeah, but I can't tell if it's good or bad.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::Keeping station at the point the captain  ordered::
T L Lost: HPW> ::working at her console, also looking from PADD to Console
quite a bit, still has the PADD disconnected from ships computer::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  Te lights dim on the bridge.  A fluxuation in the
shields appears on the OPS console::
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Sees the fluxuation in engineering::
T L Lost: <HPW>::sets her PADD down and concentrates on the computer::[co]
Captain, there's a fluxuation in the shields.
Lt JG Melody: AMO> I know I don't have much experence but should I attempt to
contact them?
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The light being Melody had encountered suddenly
appears on the bridge.  It is obvious however that it is much weaker than it
was the first time they met.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>:turns and looks at the being:: What is that?
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::Blinks:: Hello again. Was it you who called me?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::looks to the light being and frowns::
Malachi Styles: SCI>::Turns away from the console::
CommoLukasFyrstk: LBeing>  ~~Yes.  We are in danger. .. Many are sick and dying.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  THe beings intensity waivers to very dim then back
to semi-bright::
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Captian this is the being of light that helped me in
sickbay. He says that many are sick and dying.
GwenivereMarqusa: ((Who all can hear that?))
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Gwen, Ratch, Melody and Mal.))
Lt JG Melody: AMO> ~~How can I help you?~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: LB> ~~ We need..... healing.~~
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>~What kind of healing?~
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::hates being forced into using telepathy::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::remembers what happened the last time had contact with
this creature::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ~~Are your p[eople trapped inside that storm?~~
T L Lost: <HPW>::watches the light thing, wondering what in the world is going
on.  They didn't exactly teach this type of thing at the Academy::
Lt JG Melody: AMO>~~ Are you able to tell me how? I don't know anything about
your race or how to heal you.~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Loks to Melody then Gwen::  Are you ...talking to that?
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Yes sir.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> unfortunately
CommoLukasFyrstk: LB> ~~My people.... out there.  Need help.~~ ::Suddenly fades
out::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::Looks astonished at the light creature::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Just great.  That thing asks for help and doesn't give
us any information to be able to help it.
Malachi Styles: SCI> It said it's people are out there.
Lt JG Melody: AMO> I wish I knew how to help them.
Malachi Styles: SCI> [CSCI]  Lt. Did you get any readings on the creature when
it was here?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>Yes I got a pattern from it when it was here.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>[sci] What kind of pattern Josie?
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Runs a quick check on the shield generators::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Well something that you might already know is that its
made of psionic energy. But I also picked up an anomilous reading.
Malachi Styles: SCI> :Checks the creatures readings on the auxilary console::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> What kind of anamolous readings?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::raises an eyebrow:: What tahpe of anomalous readings?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Well if it was human I would think it a virus.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> It seems to be a parasite that feeds on psionic energy
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> How can you tell that?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> And, where are the beings?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Puts the scan on the screen.:: You see the dark area?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Looks to the screen::
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Sends a signal to the OPS console that the shield generators
checkout okay::
T L Lost: HPW><ops>::sends a reply saying thank you::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Puts a second scan up on the screen.:: This is a scan of
the creature last time it was here. The dark area isn't there and the creature
was much stronger.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CNS Dennex: CNS> ::Enters the bridge::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Nods, not having seen the creature before::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::Walks over to Melody:: (w) Are you okay?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::looks over to Dennex and nods::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::Nods to the commander::
Lt JG Melody: AMO> (w) yes sir. We are trying to assist the light being that
helped me with my headaches.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> So I believe if was can get rid of the parasite we can
cure these beings.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> Ahh. ::Looks a tad confused::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> And how might we cure these beings?  Do we eve know WHERE
they are?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Gets an idea and sets the scanners to search for the
being's makeup.::
Malachi Styles: SCI>  YEs, sir.....:: Looks to Josie then back to the
captain.::  We do.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Do tell my fine assistant.
Malachi Styles: SCI> :Turns back tot he console.:: If I read this corectly....
That siwrling mass out there...  is them.
T L Lost: <HPW>::looks at the counselor for a moment::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Makes sense... As to how to cure them. Doc what do you do
with a parasite?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>Are you sure about that Mal?
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Um we remove them.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::Catches Wrens glance and smiles at her::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>If it is a parasite, the best way to get rid of it, is
to take away what it's seeking
Malachi Styles: SCI> But, how can we tell to remove the virus?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Looks at her new readings.:: My scans agree with Mal by
the way.
T L Lost: <HPW>::smiles back, then continues on with her work::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Imputs the data on the anomily.:: We scan for the
anomilies.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> We need to know exactly what it is after.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION ::Analysis of Josie's scans also show bilogical matter
in the energy stream.::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Well that is interesting... I am picking up some bio
matter in the energy stream.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Could that bio matter be the cause of the trouble?
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Mentally kicks himself for missing that.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>Josie/Mal?
Malachi Styles: SCI  It could, yes sir.  We would have to do more analysis.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Till we know what it is we can't be sure.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Then do so Mal.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>[sci] I want to know what that biological is.
Malachi Styles: SCI>  Yes, sir. ::Turns back tot he console::
Lt JG Melody: AMO> I'll go down to sickbay and examin it.
Lt JG Melody: AMO> If you can beam a sample down there.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Melody, I would like to know more about it before
beaming it onboard.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  [OPS]  Can we lock onto a small sample for the doctor?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> With all the interference from the energy we can't get
any more data on it.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> if it really does attack psionic stuff, we could be
putting a lot of people in danger, particularily you Melody.  I want to be sure
that we can safely keep it contained.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Not from here.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [ALL] Fahnd a way to contain it.  Let's see if we can
help these beings.
T L Lost: HPW><ops> I can get a good lock on it, whenever you want it beamed
over, let me know where ya want it.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> ::Pops up on the main viewer.:: Hey Boss... I have an idea
for you..
Malachi Styles: SCI>[AXO]  Commander?  What if we were all with her in sick bay
when it gets beamed in.. you know... to fortify her shields?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>[mal] If those light creatures can't protect themselves
from it through psi sheilds, we don't stand a chance Mal.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [Max]  What is your ahdea?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> The best idea would be to have non psi sensitive people
working on it, which rules out both the CMO and AMO in this case.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> I was going to suggest some sort of lead containment.
Psionics can't penetrate lead..
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> Also Josie is immune to psionics...
Malachi Styles: SCI>  But what if it is mixing with their bodily functions,
like a virus would do to us?
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::raises an eyebrow:: They can penetrate lead Max.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> Hmm diffrent rules here then...
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submited,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commodore
Commanding, USS Eagle