<USS Eagle> "Nigala Celebration"

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 00:21:08 -0400

OFF:
This takes place directly after the sim of 100707

ON
    commodore Lukas Fyrstk had just finished reviewing the listing his XO had issued, which told about the celebration on Nigala Station, and which officers were to remain behind on the ship.  He put his thumbprint to it, making it official.

    Still aboard Nigala Station, Commander Roman Haas, was going through the options on the HyperPADD Mk7, unit, he had received in trade from Lt. Commander Trent. Trent, just now returning from a quick trip to his lab, entered engineering, whistling to himself. He was holding two HyperPADDmk8s under his arm.
    "Commander Trent to Cadet Maxx," Trent said, tapping his comm-badge.      Haas looked up from what he was doing.  He saw Trent lean against the "pool table", waiting for the cadet to respond.  He placed one of the mk8s on the "table", while holding his, going over the designs he just traded for.
    "Go ahead, sir," came a young voice over the comm.
    Trent checked the ancient chrono on his wrist.  He shook his head.  "I was going to have you come to Engineering to give you something, but I can give it to you at the celebration... Speaking of which.. we're both going to be late."
    Haas could tell Simon was just a bit annoyed that the cadet was not already in engineering.  He tried not to chuckle and aggravate the situation.
    "Thank you, sir.  See you at the celebration."
    Trent picked up the Mk8 from the "table.  He gave Haas a nod and headed back towards the turbolift.  Haas followed, still not commenting on the missing cadet.  They entered the lift.
    "Promenade," Simon instructed.

    Dr. Daisy Compton answered the incoming comm call from Nigala.  "Dr. Compton here...how can I help you?"
    The image of the Romulan medic aboard Nigala appeared on the monitor. Mhia gave a friendly smile to the doctor.  "Maenek Compton, I wanted to personally thank you for your assistance with my wound."
    Daisy offered a smile in return.  "Just doing my job."  She struggled to remember the proper honorific, for the Romulan, but came up short.  "it is good to see you looking so well, I was planning to visit you in sickbay before going to the party."
    Mhia looked at Compton.  One of her brows rose slowly.  "Party?"
    Compton was a bit surprised that she didn't know.  "Yes, your CO is hosting a celebration on the promenade to thank the Eagle crew....," She glanced down, looking at the chrono. .. Which I need to be making my way to about now.  I suppose I will see you there?"
    "Ie," Mhia replied with a glance to somehiing there on her desk.  "I will be there."
    "Excellent!" Daisy exclaimed with a sudden realization she was already going to be late.  "I look forward to seeing you.  Goodbye for now."
    Daisy quickly clicked off the comm and rushed about to get ready.  She resisted taking one last look at the computer simulation, she has running and made her way to the transporter room.

    About a half hour after execution of the memo Gwen had drafted, Lt. Commander Borek entered the bridge.  S/he seemed to still be wiping sleep from hir eyes.
    "Should be pretty quahet for you, Commander," Lukas told the lieutenant commander, who was normally the overnight bridge commander.  Lukas had relieved hir at zero six-hundred hours so that s/he could get a power nap in before they had left for the celebration.
    "Famous last words, Captain," Borek commented. S/he sat down in the center seat, tappin in hir command codes. S/he looked up to Lukas and Gwen.  "Enjoy the celebration, sirs."
    The Commanding and executive officers made their way to the transporer room, and beamed over to the station.

    Ensign Moonshadows to Enien, Having had a fresh water shower, had a session with the rotating variable geometry brushing machine in her quarters.  She then touched up with her toungue and donned a fresh collar with her rank and comm badges.  She was glad the Captain gave her time to clean up.  With her tail high, she walked out of her quarters and made her way to the transporter room.  She logged out with the Officer of the Deck and transported over to Nigala.

    Lukas and Gwen made their way to the promenade.  They started looking around for other Eagle officers.

    Moonshadows arrived on the station and made her way to the promenade.

    Trent and Haas exited the 'lift onto the Promenade.  Trent looked at Haas.  "Enjoying that thing?" he asked, referring to the HyperPADDMk7.
    Haas looked up from the application he had been running.  "Absolutely!"  In the background, a band had just finished setting up in front of the aboretum and began plaing  music from various locations around the Federation.
    Moonshadows wandered about, looking for her Captain. She hoped her Federation manners were up to this.
    Lukas spotted Rommie exiting the lift.  He nudged Gwen, pointing in Hass' direction.
    Trent looked at Haas, shakins his head.  "Not exactly my style of music... but, I wouldn't want to scare anyone off with my choices.  Buy you a drink, Commander?"  He became slightly formal, snce they were no longer in engineering anymore.

    Dr. Compton arrived on the promenade as quicky as she could.  Moonshadows Entered the feast area.  She found herself a stool and sat quietly.  She wasn't certain how to act around all of the off duty senior officers.  Daisy spotted Moonshadows and went over to where the Slvaoan was seated.
    "Hello!" Daisy said greeting the tactical officer enthusiastically.

    Trent and Haas, drinks in hand, spotted Lukas and Gwen.  They made their way to them  The first thing Rommie did was to show Lukas the H-PADD.
    "What the devil is that?" Lukas asked, looking down at the device.
        Trent looked around, and spots Hirsch and Dr. Solik, the station's chief medical officer.  Turning to Haas for a moment, he said,  "If you'll excuse me."  Haas nodded and Trent walked off toward the Nigalan Station officers.

    Moonshadows glanced at who greeted her.  "Hello Doctor.... lot of brass!" She said of all the senior officers around.  "I have not much brass!"
    "Ah! Don't worry," Daisy said looking around to what Moon was referring to.  "It's a party...with a band even...they really are going all out aren't they."  She looked back to Moon.  "Besides, you and Commander Haas are really guests of honor, brass or not!  Sit back, find some food and drink and enjoy yourself...guaranteed no one will notice."

    "It's called a Hyper-PADD Mk7," Rommie informed Lukas.  He showed him the readouts from the Eagle's engineering console.
    Lukas looked at the readouts.  "Where did you get this?"
    "I exchanged some information for it," Haas told his commanding officer.  He glanced to his wife with a self-assured smile.
    "Information?" Fyrstk asked.
    Haas nodded and informed Lukas, and Gwen, about the exchange.  He knew he should have checked with the commodore first, but looked on hopefully.
    "Well, good," Lukas commented.  "Ah hope the information can be useful to them.  They certainly need it rahght now."

    Daisy look at Moon with a questioning face.  "Do you drink alcohol?"
    Moonshadows' nose wrinkled in distaste. "No... my kind find alcohol to smell terrible... we do not see how you can drink it... though of course, you would be poisoned by touching sweetestripes."
    "Hmm, "Daidy pondered, then suggested,  "I can provide a nasal blocker that will temporarily dampen your ability to smell...if it bothers you that much.  and thanks for the warning, In case I ever get near sweetstripes."
    "Of course, we have found out to our detriment," Moon added,  "earthly catnip is too powerful for us."  She then added thoughtfully,  "There was the incident on Deepspace 9, with the Trill with a laser pointer.... that cost me brig time."
    Dr. Compton laughed.  "I'll make sure to put the catnip away when you visit for dinner.  Did you want me to replicate that nasal blocker?"
    "If fyou would doctor," Moon agreed.  "I will put up with not smelling food to not smelling alochol... even a grabfoot cannot stand that!"
    Daisy reached into her kit, and took out a standard hypospray.  She adjusted the instrument and injected Moon lightly in the forearm.  "That should last about three hours.   In the future I can provide you with an oral version you can self administer...no reason to suffer when around those who do indulge."
    "I thank you Doctor... If my claws can do you a service.... "Moon said to Daisy, letting the formal acknowledgement of debt hang.
    "My pleasure," Daisy assured the Slvaoan.  "I think I will find myself a bite to eat.  And  I might stop by sickbay to see how the young lady I treated is doing."
    Moon's ears perked forward.  "Food... I hope there is Earth milk... cream would be TOO much to hope for."

    Lukas started walking around, still looking at the H-PADD.  Rommie locked his arm around his wife's and they started walking with the Eagle's captain.  The trio hadn't gone far before Lukas spotted Compton and Moonshadows.
    Daisy was heard saying to Moonshadows, "I'm sure what they have will  be replicated...not too terrible that way is it?"
    "Not at all," Moon replied.  "Replication is quite accurate, especially commercial restaurant units!"
    Lukas approached his two newer officers.  "Hello, Doctor." He slightly turned his head and nodded to Moon.  "Ensign."
    Moonshadows quickly snapped to atttention.  "Commodore SIR!"
    Daisy  was much more casual and greeted Lukas with a smile.  "Hello Commodore.  Nice set up they have here isn't it sir?"
    "Indeed it i..." Lukas started then noticed the abrupt silence of the music.  He looked over to where the band was playing, seeing Commodore Hirsch taking the stage.

    Hirsch tapped on the microphone. "If I can have a moment of you time, please."
    It took a moment, but soon the entire promenade was silent.  All eyes and ears were on Nigala Station's commanding officer.
    "I just wanted to take a moment to welcome and thank our guests for their assistance.  Without the timely assistance of the crew of the U.S.S. Eagle, we may not be here today, to do this."
    There was a moment of applause and comments of approval from around the room.  Lukas could see officers from the station turning to officers from his ship and shaking their hands in appreciation.
    Hirsch watched all this for a moment then continued, raising his glass.  "So, please Join me in a toast to Commodore Fyrstk and the crew of... THE USS EAGLE!"
    Again, the applause and cheers broke out.  All around the promenade "to the crew of the Eagle," could be heard.  Lukas was suddenly handed a glass, which he too raised. "The CREW of the U.S.S. Eagle," he repeated with much pride and admiration for his gallant crew. He added, only so the officers standing right there could hear him, "The best crew in the fleet."
    Moonshadows looked at her fellow Eagle crewmates.  She was not sure how to deal with the accolade, but was pleased she had a good part in the operation.  She watched as the officers all "klinked" their glasses in salute. Dr. Compton then raised her glass in the direction of the Slvaoan.  Moonshadows nodded to the Doctor... hoping it was the right response.

    With the formal announcement completed, Commodore Hirsch left the stage and made his way over to the Eagle command officers.  The music once again started to play.  Moonshadows hesitated to get up and go for food, as usual her

stomach is trying to take priority.  She certainly did not want to break any protocol.
    Lukas saw the station commander's approach.  "Thank you, Rahlan."
    Rylan Hirsch turned quickly to his XO, whom had asked him a question and said, "Uhhh..in a moment, Commander." He turned back to Lukas.  "We owe you a debt of gratitude, Lukas."
    Lukas felt the Eagle's part in this was overshadowing the efforts of Hirsch's own  people.  Yes, they had liberated the starships and prevented any reinforcements from coming from the planet, but it was Hirsch's people working on the inside to liberate their post.
    Commander McKee, the station's XO, nodded in agreement.  "You were a major help."

    "Hell," Lukas told the two.  "Your crew did all the hard

work"
    Ruari McKee blushed thinking of her role.
    Rylan thought about what Lukas said and smiled.  "They are a great crew.  I'm quite lucky."
    Lukas gave a quick glance over to his chief medical officer who was listens to all the mutal kudos, then back to Rylan.  He debated on commenting about the station having an equally good commander, but felt that would prompt Hirsh to reply in kind.  Instead, he simply told Hirsch, "Indeed they are."
    As all the officers from both the Eagle and Nigala Station co-mingled, and ate and laughed, Lukas couldn't help but think the same of his crew.  He was one fortunate starship commander.