<USS Eagle> "Much Ado..."

  • From: Jen <imsprite1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

Malachi Frysk had been in sickbay helping AMO Melody start practcing with her
new psionic powers. She had broken through his mental block by thinking to him
that she thought he was the cutest boy on the ship. Now he was blushing
profusely at the thought he accidently broadcast to her." May...maybe we should
stop ....ummmm ....for now." Malachi stamered.
Ensign Melody's face was also flushed and red. " If you want to." She replied.
" Or we could try something else..." She didn't need her empathy to tell her
how embararessed he was.
  "I... think I have some more..... homework to do." Mal returned and rushed
out of sickbay.

Melody watched him go. She hadn't really expected him to hear that. She figured
that the first time she had broken through his defenses was that she was trying
her hardest. She had made him wince at that and she was already feeling a bit
bad about that. She figgured that last phrase would bounce off his mental wall.
But now she couldn't shake the memory of the thoughts that had flooded into her
mind. She sat back down into her chair and tried to get intrested in her book
again but she couldn't get the images out of her mind.

She could still feel the hotness in her cheeks but she was smileing. All of a
sudden she didn't feel so alone. Malachi Styles thought of her as a real girl.
And at one point he had though to kissing her. It was at this point she
realized she hadn't been kissed. Not like the way Mal was thinking about it.
Ever since she left Timonian 3 she had either been too shy or too wrapped up in
things to even think about boys. But Mal wanted to kiss her.... And she wanted
him to kiss her.

 She heard someone come into sickbay and peeked over the top of her book to see
Doctor Hamaz walk into her office and sit behind her desk. At this point she
really didn't mind that Ratchet didn't even acknolege her presence. Ratch had
said she wasn't use to haveing an AMO.

 Melody shook her head to try to clear it but it didn't help. Mal was as
handsome as his father was and Mal was only about fifteen right now. But he was
a typical teen aged boy. Thoughts like the one she picked up were normal for
boys his age. And Mal being on a ship full of single women it must be hard for
him to keep something like that out of his mind.

 Still it gave her a strange sense of reasurance that someone on this ship
noticed she was a young, attractive girl. Sure she had a couple of male friends
but she never picked up any romatic feelings from them with her empathy.

Malachi was the most decent boy she had ever met. He was kind, thoughtfull,
careing. He was already more of a man at his age then alot of the males she had
met. But he was still only fifteen. Then Melody felt bad again. She imagined
what Mal was going through. He probaly thought she hated him or something. She
noticed the time, that her shift was up. She had to talk to Mal. Things had to
be right between them.

OFF

Ensign Melody

Assistant Medical Officer