<USS Eagle> "Hero Once Again"

  • From: Kaitlin <trekcyborggirl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 05:27:21 -0800 (PST)

   Josie had been team leader in Nightchild's absence many times. Since she was
with her friends from the Eagle with the powers of her friends here on her
Earth she had unknowingly taken charge of the group. Issuing orders to them
calling them by their assumed superhero monikers. It didn't seem to matter if
they responded to the names she called them they all did the tasked they needed
to do. Tru had seen that Mal and the firefighters needed his help more then the
emergency gas main crew. There was only one thing that was needed for her to
do. A huge fireball raged at the center of the crater in the middle of this
wreckage.The fire teams couldn't douse it as it was being fed by the continuous
gas and the gas crews couldn't shut off the valve while the fire raged.  Josie
kicked in her full cyber enhanced adreneline boost. At blinding speed she took
off running. She ran in circles around the flames, her enviromental awareness
keeping her from tripping on the broken terrain. Fas
 ter and
 faster she ran sucking the air away from the flames, choking them. The flame
sputtered as it tried to hang on but the lack of oxgen killed it. Neta came to
a halt, panting, her legs screaming at her. She was out of shape not haveing to
had done this in several years. The fire crews hosed down the area to cool it
off enough to let the reapair crews close off the gas.
   Suddenly there was a scream and Josie's awareness told her that one of the
buildings was collapsing. Mal was still busy holding up the other building so
Josie ran over to brace the other one. She activated her comunications card
with her technopathy. "Slipstream, when you get done there I could use your
help over here. Bring Tanka if you can. I don't know how long I can hold this.
I'm not as strong as he is."

  Josephine Tracy
  Neta
  Cyborg Heroine