<USS Banshee> USS Banshee Sim chatlog 0410.14

  • From: ElRiovtrIdrys@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:03:48 EDT

OnlineHost:     Telsia Ehling has entered the room.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening
Telsia Ehling:  hey guys, long time no see
Oridian Starfire:       i would agree
Telsia Ehling:  taking out the contacts, brb
Oridian Starfire:       k
Telsia Ehling:  i'm back
OnlineHost:     Dr Sara Kaelyre has entered the room.
Telsia Ehling:  hey sara
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Rhi
Oridian Starfire:       its the doc
Oridian Starfire:       hello Sarah
Oridian Starfire:       or rather, Sara*
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        Hello
OnlineHost:     Victor Andros has entered the room.
Telsia Ehling:  hey vic
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Vic
Oridian Starfire:       Captian on deck.
Victor Andros:  hey hey
Victor Andros:  Gahh!
Victor Andros:  Such a good game. UM down 10 and driving. You're all lucky
I'm not playing hooky.
Oridian Starfire:       uh huh
Oridian Starfire:       go canes
Victor Andros:  What happened to the Hal?
Oridian Starfire:       hey finished already
Oridian Starfire:       they*
Telsia Ehling:  we got beat up b/c of bad driving :)
Victor Andros:  Wow. Finished early, huh?
Telsia Ehling:  yeah, gem wasn't around and we were missing a lot of the crew
Victor Andros:  Is anybody else having lag problems?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        I missed it. We had people over to watch CSI
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        not me
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        for nce
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        once
Telsia Ehling:  i watched CSA
ElRiov trIdrys:         no lag here
Telsia Ehling:  and played at the same time
OnlineHost:     Cyanah Kaelyre has entered the room.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        HICY!
Telsia Ehling:  heya cy
Oridian Starfire:       hello cy
Cyanah Kaelyre:         hey everybody!
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        I normally do but we ordered in and had some folks over
didn't think it would nice to sim while having guests
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Cy
Telsia Ehling:  csi tonight was messed up, of course it normally is buy yeah
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        What's up with Cat's kid? She was a real brat
Telsia Ehling:  yeah she was, i wanted to smack her
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        thought I don't think I would have taken my kid to the
morgue
Telsia Ehling:  i'm not sure i would, thats a bit weird
Victor Andros:  Wow, if it's weird for you, then that's saying something.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        the kid didn't even freak she just got more pissed
Telsia Ehling:  hey now vic, be nice
Victor Andros:  ::laughs::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        If my mom took be to a morgue and pulled out a dead body
I'd freak out
Telsia Ehling:  at this point i wouldn't
ElRiov trIdrys:         Speaking of brats, really nice log you and Penny did,
Rhi ;)
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        Thanks
Victor Andros:  Okay.
Victor Andros:  Let's get this show on the road.
Telsia Ehling:  hey guys, i'll pay you all to get rid of my roommate
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        Psst, Cy I think that's your cue
Cyanah Kaelyre:         TWEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Telsia Ehling:  $400
Telsia Ehling:  ::AA::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         Attention!
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::VV::
Oridian Starfire:       ::AA::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        ::AA::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        (::is do glad she didn't do the dorm thing:: )
Telsia Ehling:  ((serious $400 to get rid of my roommate))
Oridian Starfire:       ((hmm... define get rid of))
Telsia Ehling:  ((um, make her go home))
Victor Andros:  Last time, an away team beamed down to Perdition's surface to
attempt to locate the source of and neutralize a tractor beam that is pulling
the Banshee towards the surface.
Victor Andros:  Meanwhile, a fight rages in Fort Hope after all 1,000 Klingon
inhabitants were transported into the middle of the Federation outpost.
OnlineHost:     CptHacker has entered the room.
Victor Andros:  The away team is currently outside a large ziggurat that
appears to be the source of the tractor beam.
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( Evening Glenn )
OnlineHost:     Kovut TajArms has entered the room.
OnlineHost:     Kovut TajArms has left the room.
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( Evening Taj )
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( or not ... )
Victor Andros:  Questions?
ElRiov trIdrys:         nopers
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        no
Telsia Ehling:  i do
Victor Andros:  And let's not forget Oridian on the Potemkin doing more
reconnaisance.
Victor Andros:  My apologies.
Victor Andros:  Yes, tel?
Telsia Ehling:  seriously, who is will to let me to pay them $400 to get rid
of my one roommate?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        :laughs::
Victor Andros:  ::Brandishes his cattleprod::
Telsia Ehling:  dude, can i use that on her?
Victor Andros:  ::Zaps Tel::
Victor Andros:  Any sim-related questions?
Telsia Ehling:  OWWW
Telsia Ehling:  hey, i'm not the one playing the crappy techno music
blaringlly
Victor Andros:  Good.
Victor Andros:  ++BEGIN SIM++
Victor Andros:  ++BEGIN SIM++
Victor Andros:  ++BEGIN SIM++
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::on surface::
Victor Andros:  ::standing on the bridge::
Oridian Starfire:       ::sitting on the bridge of the Potemkin::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::looking at the ziggurat:: Alright, we're not
splitting
up. All of us to the closest entrance.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::on the away team scanning stuff::
Telsia Ehling:  (( ::contimplating ways in which to destroy the techno, rap,
party music that the roommate is blaring:: ))
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::nods, looks at tricorder::
Telsia Ehling:  ::up in sickbay holding down the fort::
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Action&gt; Josh and Cannon suddenly go
link-dead&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::begins walking in that direction::
Oridian Starfire:       ((oh no!))
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::follows::
Oridian Starfire:       ((the matrix has claimed them))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        (::snaps fingers:: I was hoping they'd been eaten by
sand
fleas)
Telsia Ehling:  ((dude, can i feed my roommate to sand fleas?))
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The ziggurat looms ominously as bad techno music
plays in the background, unheard by the AT.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::going were Cy leads:: So do we know why our
tri-corders
work and our phasers don't?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ I really don't like the idea of fighting really old
Klingons who hate us by trying to scan them to death
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Complete inconvenience, I would imagine.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; ::heading up to the bridge, PADD in hand::
Telsia Ehling:  ::is taking care of the one guy that came into SB with a
broken foot::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ I guess I could scary them away by offering to give
them
a physical
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ That's how I get the crew to stir clear of sick bay
::smiles::
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;LoL&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ That's one thing that's universal aboard starships.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; As the AT makes its way closer to the ziggurat,
the alien's emotions of confidence become stronger.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ If they were Vulcans instead we could argue points of
logic until they were bored to death.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; :;enters the bridge, has been on and off all kinds
of drugs, but finally feeling more better::
Victor Andros:  ::Turns::
Victor Andros:  Lieutenant Mason.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looks up at the loom sizzurat:: To bad our commander
can't avoid the CMO like most command staffers
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ That sure is ominous.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; Commander. ::smiles slightly:: I was wondering if I
could schedule a meeting with you
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::sucks in air quickly and puts the heel of her hand to
her temple::
CptHacker:      ((Captain))
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Now all we need is the theme from  Jaws ...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Doctor?
Victor Andros:  Sure, as soon as we can get this tractor beam off of us.
Telsia Ehling:  ((so i'm going to magic edit myself and go down to the
surface with everyone else :)))
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::winces and holds forehead:: No not again ...
Victor Andros:  Chaos, remodulate the shields again.
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::magic edit, is now on the planet with everyone else::
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; ::With a tired voice:: Yes sir.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ It's getting stronger
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Woohoo! ::Uses the magic edit marker::
Victor Andros:  &gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ I'll say.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; Tractor beam? ::looking at the viewscreen::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Compared to this what I felt on the ship was a damn
drop
in the bucket.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Let's move on.
Oridian Starfire:       $::looks at some readouts:: Why on earth... +Andros+
Ensign Starfire to Captian Andros, anything we can do over here to help you
guys out?
Victor Andros:  +Starfire+ What have you uncovered over there?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::shakes her head to clear it:: If it gets any
stronger I
wants us both hypoed again, Coun.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; ::walks over to a console and reads the data coming
in:: These lapses in consciousness are really starting to add up.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::nods:: Agreed
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; Why are we caught in a tractor beam?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Come on, then.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Andros+ Well nothing new as of yet sir, however there
were a rather large amount of medieval weaponary in one of the rooms when we
found her.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::starts walking again::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::frowning, worried::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::follows along::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Tel perpare to alpha wave blockers and have them ready
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::nods:: alright ma'am
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ~~What is it?~~
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ~~I'm glad I can only communicate with you. But I'm
worried about you and the Counselor.~~
Victor Andros:  +OS+ odd
Telsia Ehling:  @::prepares the alpha wave blockers for sara::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ~~We'll be ok we've got meds and if we have to we'll
go
back to the ship and send down non-telpaths~~
Oridian Starfire:       $::blinks for a moment:: +Jimmie+ Jimmie, go find an
empty
cargo room and seal the doors and other exits. +Andros+ Captian, I just
noticed that the klingons are in Fort Hope. If you want I can try to use this
ship's transporter...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::approaches the ziggurat::
Oridian Starfire:       $ system to beam the humans onto a safe location on the
Potemkin.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::looks at it:: It must have been build by a man
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ :looks up:: Holy freakin' Tower of Babylon.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Tower of Babylon?
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::chuckles at idrys::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Earth structure, Commander. Like this ... a ziggurat.
Victor Andros:  +OS+ That's a bad idea. As long as they're on the planet,
they won't die.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ It was known as one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of
the
World
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Oh, I see.
Victor Andros:  +OS+ If they're injured and removed from the planet, who
knows what might happen.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Well, let's head on in then.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::bits her lip to keep from smiling::
Oridian Starfire:       +Andros+ True sir, I hadnt thought of that. Anything we
can do over here on our end?
Victor Andros:  +OS+ See if you can't fire up the Potemkin's tractor beam and
pull it off of us.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::heads in still scanning::
Victor Andros:  ::Looks over at Samantha:: The tractor beam from the ziggurat
is pulling us to the surface.
Victor Andros:  The Potemkin is an ancient Constitution refit class, but it
might be able to help.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Man I hope we don't find any mummys
Victor Andros:  Get over there and see if you can help Starfire get it's
tractor beam up and running.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Or charioteers ...
Telsia Ehling:  @ i don't know, that could be kinda cool
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Ok everyone heard her, if we run into mummies we give
them Tel
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ I'd rather we didn't.
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::laughs::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Yeah that would leave me short handed
Oridian Starfire:       $ +Andros+ Aye sir. +J and G+ Jimmie and George, see
what
we can do about getting this tractor beam up and running, as quick as we can
guys!. ::goes over to a console and starts tapping away::
Telsia Ehling:  @ yeah, or we could train the mummies to become nurses for us

Victor Andros:  Action&gt; As the AT walks into the ziggurat they are gifted
with a multitude of pictographic carvings adnorning the inside of the
ziggurat.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::takes a photo record with her tricorder::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Or Counseling staff ...
Oridian Starfire:       $ J and G&gt; +O+ Aye aye sir, were on in.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ :;walks over to a wall and starts scanning the walls::
This is so cool
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ A mummy counselor. It's hard enough to get people to
visit
you.
CptHacker:      samantha&gt; ::nods:: How do you intend to use the Potemkin's
tractor beam?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::laughs::
Victor Andros:  To try and disrupt the one coming from the surface.
Victor Andros:  ::lurches::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::trying to date the ziggurat:
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::also laughs:: This time they'd have a legitimate
excuse
Telsia Ehling:  @ man, these pictures are amazing
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The first series is of various people fighting
with everything from polearms and swords to energy weapons.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ :::scanning:::
Telsia Ehling:  @ nah, i think the smell would be bettter
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The next is the people laying down their arms and
talking.
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; ::nods:: I'll be on my way then. ::heads to the TL
and takes it to TR1::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Then there is a large ziggurat. A large fireball
appears above it in the next pictograph.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Hm this seems to be some sort of history ...
Telsia Ehling:  @ hmm ::looks at the pictures::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Fascinating.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The two now-peaceful factions and staring up at
the fireball.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ War, peace... destruction?
Telsia Ehling:  @ i like the peace part, but my goodness
CptHacker:      Samantha&gt; ::packs a tricorder and engineering kit and beams
over to the Potemkin::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looks over at Cy and blinks:: Did you just say
fascinating? I've married Spock
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Ideas?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The fireball grows larger and larger, but the
people being to war again, though always with any eye on the flame.
Victor Andros:  an*
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Well, it is fascinating.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Maybe there's a clue in all of this as to how the
perpetual conflict got started?
Telsia Ehling:  @ neucliare war?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The flame continues to grow and grow, almost
filling the pictograph while the people fight with bare hands.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::on the Potemkin::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::nods in a agreement but still thinks the comment was
cute::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The flame disappears, and the people are gone,
leaving a dead world.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Well it shows people fighting and then making up and
then
it looks like the place is leveled
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ Starfire can you hear me? I'm onboard
the Potemkin, Captain Andros sent me over to help you with the tractor beam.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ I want to know how old this thing is.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Two new groups arrive, and the fireball once again
appears, though small as it was in the beginning of the pictures.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; It splits in two while the two new groups fight.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Ya know this reminds me of a story my mother tells in
her
history classes at the academy...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ This is a repeating cycle.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::frowns:: I should have paid more attention
Oridian Starfire:       $::looks up:: +Samantha+ Yes Miss Mason I read you loud
and clear. I'm up on the bridge trying to run things. George and Jimmie are
down in engineering. If you could give them a hand, they arnt really
engineers.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; While the two new groups continue to fight, and
beam lances out from the structure towards the sky.
Telsia Ehling:  @ i loved history class
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The two groups continue to fight and the fireball
once again grows to consume the sky.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ That's the tractor beam. ::points::
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::looking at a map on one of the computer
screens::
+Starfire+ Acknowledged. ::heading to Engineering::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The end of the pictographs leads to a large door
that is apparently closed and locked.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ I think our course is clear.
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Whew&gt;&gt;
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ We have to get through that door
Victor Andros:  +Cy+ Commander, report.
Oridian Starfire:       $+G and J+ Hey guys Miss Mason is coming to help you
guys
so dont freak out.
Telsia Ehling:  @ so yeah, in a horror movie, we open those doors and flesh
eating zombies come out and try to kill us
Oridian Starfire:       ((Tel, positive attitude lol))
Telsia Ehling:  ((hehehe))
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::makes her way to engineering and looks for Jimmy
and George::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::q:: The lady ... or the tiger?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ +Vic+ ::describes the pictographs to Vic::
Oridian Starfire:       $::goes back to his typing attempts::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::scanning the door::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looking for a key hole or code pad::
Victor Andros:  +Cy+ So... ancient pictographs detailing the tractor beam
that is pulling us to the surface now have lead you to a door.
Oridian Starfire:       $Jimmie&gt; ::looks up from a console:: Howdy ma'am,
your
in charge now down here, what do you want us to do, we think we got the
tractor beam thing up but were not quite sure.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Where's Harrison Ford when you need him
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The door is stone, but there is great energy
beyond it.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; Let me take a look.
Telsia Ehling:  @ maybe a hidden lever?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ +Vic+ Aye, Captain.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Who?
Oridian Starfire:       $Jimmie&gt; By all means ma'am.
Telsia Ehling:  @ oh he's a hottie
Victor Andros:  +Cy+ That's just freakin' weird.
Telsia Ehling:  @ or was hot
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ that's odd my tri-corder is going nuts there's some
strong.. something on the other side
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looks at Cy:: 20th Cen movie actor
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::leans over the console and looks at Jimmy's
handiwork:: Have you attempted to try it yet?
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Yes it's almost off the scale ...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ There is a lot of energy behind this door.
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::to cy:: a good looking 20th cen movie actor
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::presses her palm to the door::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ( That was to Vic)
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::Smiles at Tel::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ For some strange reason Mr Ford starred in several
movies
called Star Wars and never bothered to consider doing anything with a more
profitable franchise called Star Trek.
Victor Andros:  +Cy+ Watch out for a trap.
Oridian Starfire:       $Jimmie&gt; No ma'am, just about to tell Mr. Starfire
about it but then you came so I thought you should look at it.
Telsia Ehling:  @ yeah, that was weird but he still was good looking
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ it's cold
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::walks up to the door and knocks::
Telsia Ehling:  @ come in
Oridian Starfire:       ((glad to see your opinion Idrys lol))
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; No response from the door.
ElRiov trIdrys:         (( heh all Connie's kids think we're weird cause we like
Trek, they say Wars rules ))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ :;runs her hands along thr door frame::
Telsia Ehling:  ((um, i like both a lot))
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::Begins to inspect the edges::
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::is checking out some of the pictures still::
ElRiov trIdrys:         (( same with us, we just -prefer- Trek, but they say
Trek
sucks ))
Oridian Starfire:       ((i like both alot too))
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Sara and Cy's hands meet to find a hidden catch.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; It looks pretty good. How's the hardware? Have you
checked it yet? Will it hold up if we turn on the tractor beam?
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::looking around::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        ( ::laughs:: Now we're getting actioned to touch?)
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Power on the Potemkin sputters.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::runs a structural integrity check::
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Come on, it's cute, isn't it?&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ((Adorable!))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looks over and smiles at Cy when they're hands meet::
Oridian Starfire:       $Jimmie&gt; George is working on that, he's over
there....
Oh my...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::smiles at Sara as their hands meet::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::pulls the catch::
Oridian Starfire:       $George&gt; Oww! Bloody stupid cables!
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; Oh dear. George what you are touching over there?
ElRiov trIdrys:         (( :::cues the Doublemint Twins:: ))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::waits for something to happen::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The door swings open slowly.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::watches, holding breath:::
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::waits for the zombies to come out::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::scans inside to see it it's safe::
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::walks over to George and looks down at the
cables
he was messing with::
Oridian Starfire:       $George&gt; Bloody hell, I remembered the damned
textbook
saying the blue wire!
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; A long corridor empties into a chamber.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; These are retrofitted, it's the blue and white
striped wire.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ As far as I can still there's nothing in there that
will
fry our cells
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::looks for a moment, then nods::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Let's move.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; In the center of the ceiling in the chamber, there
is a collection of dilithium crystals.
Oridian Starfire:       $George&gt; Oyy why didn't anyone tell me this!?! ::does
as he is told::
Telsia Ehling:  @ yeah, josh has forced me to watch one too many horror
movies
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::follows:: Somehow I don't like the feel of this.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::loves it when she's commanding like that.... walks
along
side her::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::looks up at the crystals:: Hello.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::Scans them::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Underneath the crystals is a swirling blue and red
mass that strongly resembles the &quot;fireball&quot; from the pictographs.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; Because the Starship Retrofitting Committee hasn't
come up with a proper standard. Can you get the power flow stable, George?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The crystals seem to be focusing a beams into the
center of the chamber.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Counselor, what happened to this Harrison Ford during
the
Eugenics Wars of the 1990s?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        (If those crystals start to scree run)
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::running diagnostics on the systems around the
tractor beam and testing for all kinds of system integrity::
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;LOL!!&gt;&gt;
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;a beam*&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         (( We always forget how terribly the 20th century ended
in
the Trek timeline. ::grins:: ))
Telsia Ehling:  @ wooohooo
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ prisms
Oridian Starfire:       $George&gt; I'm working on it, damned ships never
co-operating...
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; there is also a strangely out-of-place
touch-screen pedestal at the edge of the chamber.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ I believe he got married to an actress, Commander.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Oh, yeah. The &quot;fireball&quot; is getting
bigger.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Fast.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::walks up to the touchscreen::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ She wore horribly short skirts. He died of a heart
attack
shortly thereafter.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ It would seem we don't have much time. ::looking at
the
fireball:;
Oridian Starfire:       ((anything about our lovely Potekmin?))
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::touches the touchscreen::
Oridian Starfire:       $::runs from station to station, trying to get things up
and running::
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt; It's there. and going...&gt;&gt;
Oridian Starfire:       ((lol yay))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::hopes Cy has better luck pressing odd buttons this
she
had last time:: Well nothing like working under a deadline
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ Looks like the power infrastructure is
stable down here, George is getting the power to flow and the tractor beam
should be ready once we power up.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The pedestal flashes out lights illuminating three
other, previously obscured pedestals.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Don't emphasize the word dead, please.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ::looks at the other pedestals::
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::ties her hair back in a pony tail::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The empaths feel a wave of panic.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Well alright then, just lemme know when.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         Each of you, to a pedestal!
Oridian Starfire:       $George&gt; Alright marm I think that very well does the
trick, I hope at least.
Victor Andros:  +OS+ Starfire, report.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Sorry... ::presses on both temples::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Fight it! We don't have much time!
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ::holds head::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ :::heads over to a pedestal:::
Oridian Starfire:       $+Andros+ Should have this baby up and running any
second
now.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; Booting up. ::pushes a few buttons and steps back
from the console -- knows how these things go::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::gets to a pedestal:: panic
Victor Andros:  +OS+ That would be great.
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; Full impulse reverse.
Telsia Ehling:  @ um, so i'm not liking this guys
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt; &gt;=, &gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ I didn't like the idea of heading in here to begin
with
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; Sir, that will break our orbit.
Victor Andros:  Do it!
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::hears the sum of the power going through the
ship, scanning with her tricorder:: Jimmy get to a console, monitor for any
structural breakdowns or leaks.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ it's great panic... ::tries to clear her head:: But
where
is it coming from?
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; Aye, sir.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         Touch your panels.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         And try to clear your heads and remain calm.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::does so::
Oridian Starfire:       $Jimmie&gt; Yes ma'am ::runs to a console and starts
scanning::
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::wonders how she can help them all::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::tries to clear her head and manges to touch the
screens::
Oridian Starfire:       $::looks at his console:: Alright then. +Samantha+ I'm
reading that I've got it on the green, can you confirm that for me before I
press anymore buttons?
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::reading the console in front of her:: +Starfire+
Tractor beam shows to be online... only at 71% power capacity, it seems that
part of the emitter is warped.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Tel, the blockers
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @Quickly, Doctor. Then get to the other panel.
Telsia Ehling:  @ oh yeah ;:feels stupid for having forgotten that and gets
the blockers going::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Yes quickly ...
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; We won't need the tractor precision anyway if
we're
just using it to disrupt the other beam.
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::after doing that runs to the other panel and touches it::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::goes over to the other panel::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; As the last of the pedestals are touched, the blue
and red swirling mass of creature withers and disappears...
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; I'd say it's a go.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::goes to other panel and touches it:::
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Roger that, engaging now. +Andros+ Captain
tractor beam is ready, engaging now. ::turns on tractor beam::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; the tractor beam doesn't break the one from the
surface, but it does allow the Banshee to back away from the planet.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::monitoring the power flow::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ That's an improvement.
Telsia Ehling:  @ are the blockers working for you guys?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; ...but only momentarily. The creature reappears,
even larger than before.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ I had to say something, didn't I?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Now, it looks like it's splitting. Something like
a cell dividing.
Telsia Ehling:  @ freaking eh
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Oh SHIT
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @::touches her panel again::
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Its working, the Banshee is able to get
farther away, though the other beam isnt gone
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The panels are inoperative.
Telsia Ehling:  @ freakin' eh, freaking eh
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::watches it with her head tilted to the side:: Why
does
that look like something out under my mircoscope?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The panic is gone, replaced with satisfaction.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ What, like an amoeba?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ No more like cells
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::watches it, not feeling threatened::
Telsia Ehling:  @ sara!
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Cells ... dividing. And growing ?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::jumps:: What?
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;An amoeba is a single-celled creature, so, yes, like
an amoeba&gt;&gt;
Oridian Starfire:       ((blah))
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::thinks for a moment:: it's sooo close to clicking in my
head but it's jut not
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ Yes I see that. It could be because we
don't have full power, and even on a retrofit we have the problem that we
just don't have enough power.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ And part of the emitter is broken.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Andros+ Captain I hope that helped  you guys out some.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The creatures begin to seperate, taking up a large
portion of the room, inching ever closer to the crystals and the AT.
Victor Andros:  +OS+ Good job.
Telsia Ehling:  ((just uped the price from $400 to $600 to get rid of my
roommate fore me))
Victor Andros:  +OS+ We're breaking away. We won't crash now.
Telsia Ehling:  @ crap, this ain'te good
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @Back off.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ if it keeps doing that it's going to engulf the room
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Well, she has been sitting here for over a
hundred years, can't expect perfection.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Andros+ Thats always a positive thing sir.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Did the pictures say anything about ameoba?
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; A hundred years? I'm surprised we could even get
the beam working. I won't challenge that.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The red and blue swirls seperate, looking like
something resembling oil and water now.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Klingons and Humans.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Yeah it seems as though the folks on the
surface had to abandon it.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ And maybe this is how they keep regenerating ...
fighting,
killing one another, then coming back to fight
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::still trying to make sense of the muck in her head::
The crews? Did they.. kill each other?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ It is entirely possible.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; As the entity grows, the empathic waves it has
been sending out grow stronger yet.
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ I wish I knew more of what was going
on.

Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Did ya not get the memo?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ The question is, how do we stop this cycle?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::looks up at the crystals::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The distinctive two halves of the creature begin
to coalesce.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Like getting coffee on the coach cushion and putting
it
through the recycler so you can re-replacted it before....:;stops and
smiles:: Nevermine
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; +Starfire+ Memo? If I were more conscious,
perhaps.
Oridian Starfire:       $+Samantha+ Oh, well nevermind then.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Maybe we don't ... like the perpetual war between the
Ennis and the Nol-Ennis?
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::goes for the temple again and looks at the entity::
There!
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; There are now two seperate and distinct creatures,
both exuding a sense of readiness.
Victor Andros:  Cystals&gt; Shine and glow.
Victor Andros:  :: ::*
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::looks up at the cystals:: What if we knocked out it's
power?
ElRiov trIdrys:         (( heeeeeeey ... talking dilithium crystals ... I like
that!
))
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @You read my mind.
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Hush you&gt;&gt;
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;You don't want talking crystals, do you?&gt;&gt;
Oridian Starfire:       ((actually she can do that too))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        (No talking crystals!)
CptHacker:      $Samantha&gt; ::looking around the engineering room::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::looks at Cy and smiles:: And here I didn't even try
this time
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ So someone get a really big stick and start wacking at
the crystals
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @Unfortunately, we're a little short on those.
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;HA HA! Big stick... short on--... nevermind&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::scans the energy beam::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ We're both a little short, Commander, :;smiles:: but
there has to be something we can use to unplug it
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; Both entities grow larger.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ They're getting bigger
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Even money says they divide and so on and so forth.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Our phasers won't fire. But will they overload?
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Worth a try.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::nods:: If they do this whole place could come down
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ One phaser on overload, tossed up there.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ ::pulls over her phaser::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ ::sets phaser to overload, tosses it up:::
Oridian Starfire:       $::looks around, decides to check out the ready room,
heads in there::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Run!
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::and gets beat to it::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @::runs::
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ :::skedaddles:::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The phaser explodes, destroying the crystals.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::turns around and looks back into the room::
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; A feedback loop sucks the power away from the
creature.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ did it work?
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The loop arcs the energy all over the room.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::scanning:: The crystals are gone... and that doesn't
look good...
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; It hits a pedestal, causing an explosion.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; It triggers a chain reaction that starts to bring
the ziggurat down.
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ Uh oh ... I say we get out of here ...
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ That's our cue to run!
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ they must have gotten their pedestals from the same
place
we get consoles
Telsia Ehling:  @ crap!
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ Go go go!
ElRiov trIdrys:         @ :::vamooses:::
Telsia Ehling:  @ ::runs with a fury::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ You go! ::follows Cy out::
Oridian Starfire:       $::looks around, then walks back outside to the bridge::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::grabs Sara's hand and runs::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::taps her commbadge as she runs:: +Vic+ Beam us up,
hurry!
CptHacker:      ((alright guys I gotta go...
CptHacker:      guess I'm sticking around for a little bit longer...))
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; After a dramatically appropriate moment with the
AT running away, the ziggurat lights up and an explosion brings it down just
as the AT clears it.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        (I told the clean up crew to get the glue off the floor)
Oridian Starfire:       ((cya))
Victor Andros:  &lt;&lt;Later!&gt;&gt;
Cyanah Kaelyre:         @ ::looks back as they clear it::
Victor Andros:  Beam the AT up, now!
CptHacker:      ((later everyone!))
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        @ Ok that was closer then I like it
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The AT beams up.
OnlineHost:     CptHacker has left the room.
Victor Andros:  Action&gt; The beam stops.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ::shimmers::
Victor Andros:  Cancel red alert.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        ::feels all warm and fuzzy as she gets beamed::
Victor Andros:  Skitz&gt; Yessir.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         But we made it.
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; The Away Team is on board.
Victor Andros:  What took ya so long.
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        What about the old people?
Victor Andros:  Chaos&gt; Interference from the explosion.
Telsia Ehling:  ::sits down on the floor after being transported::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         I'm sure we'll find out.
Victor Andros:  Hm.
Victor Andros:  ::Sits::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         Everyone alright?
Victor Andros:  ++END SIM++
Victor Andros:  ++END SIM++
Victor Andros:  ++END SIM++
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::nods:::
Oridian Starfire:       $::checks console, stop tractor beam::
Oridian Starfire:       ::stopped::
Cyanah Kaelyre:         TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        ::AA::
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::VV:::
Telsia Ehling:  ::AA::
Oridian Starfire:       ::AA::?
Victor Andros:  Mr. Starfire, step forward, please.
Oridian Starfire:       ::what with the stepping::
Victor Andros:  Ordinarily, I'd make you go through some obscene ritual
hazing, but that will just have to wait 'cause I am tired as hell.
Oridian Starfire:       Well, alright then
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ::hands Vic the box::
Victor Andros:  Mr. Starfire, with you're consistent attendance, good
simming, and log writing you have left me no choice.
Victor Andros:  ::takes it::
Victor Andros:  ::removes the contents::
Victor Andros:  Mr. Oridian Starfire, I am hereby promoting you to the rank
of Lieutenant, junior grade.
Victor Andros:  ::pins the pip on his collar::
Victor Andros:  Congratulations.
Cyanah Kaelyre:         ::claps:: Way to go!!
Telsia Ehling:  ::claps for oridian::
Dr Sara Kaelyre:        ::claps:: Congrats
Oridian Starfire:       ::blinks:: Why, thank you sir.
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::::clapclapclappityclap:::
Victor Andros:  ::Applauds::
Oridian Starfire:       ::gets back in line::
Victor Andros:  Now get back in line.
Victor Andros:  ::nods::
Victor Andros:  That's all I have for tonight.
Victor Andros:  Commander?
Cyanah Kaelyre:         Crew dismissed!
ElRiov trIdrys:         niters