<USS Banshee> "This Moment"

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:02:41 EDT

"This Moment."
By Lt. Sg. Sara Kaelyre
*Song: "This Moment" By Melissa Etheridge.

There were still unpacked boxes and suit cases all over their new quarters.
Things that still needed to be put away, and things to figure out where to put
and things to decide wither  to keep or send to storage. It wasn’t as easy as
they thought it would be to merge two quarters into one. It was different now.
It was no longer Sara’s quarters with some of Cyanah’s stuff, or Cyanah’s
quarters with some of Sara’s stuff. Now it was their quarters,  Sara and
Cyanah’
s.

Everything felt different now not just the quarters. It was the way the room
felt to Sara, the way people looked at her, the way she moved and acted, even
the way she and Cyanah were laying next to each in bed was different.

It was better.

Sara laid on her side, her head resting on her hand as she propped herself up
on her elbow. The room was dark but she could still make out Cyanah’s
sleeping silhouette, not that she needed to see her, because she could feel the
warmth of her body against her own, she could hear the slow breaths she was
taking,
and she could feel the silk of her skin beneath her fingertips.

"I… I am watching you sleep
It's the promise you've made
One I find I can keep
Oh I…want to swallow the moon
Give a smile back to you
Light your way
Tell the Angels they'll just have to wait

‘Cause I wanna stay here in this moment
Can I quietly slip into you
You and I can stay here in this moment
Let the world fade away,
I just want to stay with you"

The words from one of the songs that played at their reception kept playing
over and over in Sara’s mind. She was replaying every moment of that day and
night with the song as her soundtrack, just like she had so many times since
they
‘d left Delos. The wedding, the reception, that fist night as Shael-Celes. It
was all as crystal clear as when it was happening. Sara sighed happily as she
ran a finger lightly along the edge of her wife’s ear before sliding it down
her arm and around her waist to hold her closer.

"I…I am watching you breathe
I am pulled into you
As you smash into me
Oh I want to give you the stars
All that I can hold in my arms
Placing them where you lay
Tell the Angles they'll just have to wait

‘Cause I wanna stay here in this moment
Can I quietly slip into you
You and I can stay here in this moment
Let the world fade away,
I just want to stay with you"

So much lie ahead of them now. What would it be like? What did the fates have
in store for them now that they were married? Now that so many changes had
taken place? It was an overwhelming line of thought and it was no surprise to
Sara that she couldn’t sleep. It was scary and exciting all at the same time.
It
was a rush that Sara had never felt before and never wanted to be with out
again. So many moments ahead of them to add to the ones they already had. This
was the true adventure, this is where the real exploration lie, and Sara
couldn‘
t wait to continue her journey at Cyanah‘s side.

"With my hand on your skin we can slowly begin, I am free
Now the heavens have less cause I've found the best and I won't let them take
you away
Tell the angels they'll just have to wait…

Cause I wanna stay here in this moment
Can I quietly slip into you
You and I can stay here in this moment
Let the world fade away,
I just want to stay with you

I wanna stay here in this moment
Make the earth stand impossibly still
Disappear in your kiss, we'll never be missed
Let the world fade way, I just want to stay with you

With you."