<USS Banshee> "Not Just Another Day"

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:57:45 EST

"Not Just Another Day"
By: Lt. Commander Sara Kaelyre

There is a single rose, itâs petals soft and the deepest of red, laying
across her abandoned pillow waiting for her lover to roll over to face her side

of the bed; each liking for the other to be the first thing they see in the
morning. Beneath the roseâs strikingly green stem is a hand written note.

 Good Morning Beautiful. Breakfast is waiting on the  table.
I hope your day goes well. Iâll see you soon.
~ S

It will be the first surprise of the day and the day has just begun. Her
lover will get ready for her shift and wonder what she is up too, but she does
good job of busying her mind with work so nothing slips when her lover
reaches  out to her mind to mind. They have known each other for years, loved
each
other  in many ways, their patterns are engrained into each otherâs minds as
if
they  were the ones going about the otherâs day. This is how she knows that
her lover  will go to her lab after checking in on the bridge.

On the long metal table in the center of the room a small teddy bear sits
and smiles a playful smile. His fur is as white as the freshly replicated
holodeck snow that surrounds their holographic mountain getaway, and his eyes
are
the same soft green as her own. Between his fuzzy paws he holds a heart
shaped box of chocolates and another note.

Just a little something to make the day a little sweeter.
See you soon.
~S

She canât help but smile to herself. She knows that her loverâs curiosity
will double from this, but her lover isnât going to get the reply she wants.
When the thought ~What are you up to Love~ comes, she replies to her lover with
 telepathic smile.

She makes her lover even more anxious by sending someone else to report for
medical during the staff meeting.

After the meeting she knows her lover will come looking for her. Sheâs
planned for that as well. The surgical procedure thatâs kept her from the
meeting
will keep her busy through lunch and well into the afternoon. Unable to  wait,
her lover will have to return to the bridge and before the end of her  shift
sheâll lock herself away in her office to face the mind numbing task of
paperwork.

Paperwork will not be the only thing waiting on her loverâs desk. An off
white envelope, propped up against their wedding picture will be far more
intriguing then the stack of padds off to the right of her computer. Inside the

envelope is an old fashion, lightly stained pink, piece of parchment. The words

on it are from an old song, one they had danced to on this very day one year
prier, and they are written out in her hand writing.

If there were no wordsâ no way to speak
I would still  hear you
If there were no tearsâ
No way to feel inside, I'd still feel for  you
And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of  rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
You're all I  need, my love, my Valentine
All of my life...I have been waiting for
All  you give to me
You've opened my eyes
And showed me how to love..  unselfishly
I've dreamed of this a thousand times before
But in my dreams  I couldn't love you more
I will give you my heart
Until the end of  time...
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine
And even if the sun  refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my  heart until the end of time
'Cause all I need.. is you, my Valentine
You're all I need, my love.. my Valentine

See you soon.
~S

Itâs slow sweet torture but the day is not yet over and there is more to
come. It will be harder to avoid her lover now, to withhold her thoughts and
ideas, but not even she would miss the exchange of emotion that flows between
them through the bond that only a Betazoid and her Imzadi can share.

The end of her loverâs shift will come none to quickly for the petite
redhead. Their need to be with each other growing more intense for them both.
Her
own shift ends early because rank and position has itâs privileges, and
because she has an amazing staff who willing volunteer to cover the rest of her

time so that she can have a few extra moments of bliss.

The living room of their quarters are dark and empty, as is their bedroom.
Thereâs a warm golden glow coming from their bathroom though. It draws her
lover  like a moth to a flame. When her lover walks into the bathroom, seeing
the
drawn  bath with itâs bubbles, rose petals, and bath oils, the surprised gasp
of  delight will warm her heart. On the mirror is another note and it makes
her  lover laugh.

Itâs been a long day. Relax a while.
Iâll see you  soon.
~S

After her lover has relaxed in the bath sheâll be surprised yet again when
she finds her favorite cream colored, full length, light silk dress laid out on
 their bed, since she is sure that it wasnât there when she walked through
the  room earlier. On top of the dress is a small card that simply reads...

Iâll see you soon
~S

As soon as her lover is finished dressing she is startled by the sound of
music playing in the living room. Itâs slow and romantic, a bit jazzy,  and
as
she walks out of their bedroom she gasps at the sight before her.

She stands in front of a table set for two, washed in that same warm golden
glow of candle light, a long stemmed red rose across each plate, and shorter
stemmed roses in the middle of the table in a crystal bowl which cast the
candle's light onto the walls. As her lover moves towards her the words, At
last
my love has come along, play softly just as she holds her hands out to her
lover  and whispers.. âDance with me Imzadi.â

They move into each otherâs arms as the song continues to play. A knowing
gleam appears in her eyes and in that moment her lover knows what the card will

say next year.

At last my love has come along
My lonely days are  over
And life is like a song again