[USS Athena] "Special Detail" (JK Ronov/Svonn/T'Shana)

  • From: Ronov tr'Daelk <ronov.trdaelk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:27:01 -0400

ON

The door chime sounded, the moment Svonn stepped within the sensor range.

"Enter," came the voice from within the ready room.

Svonn entered the captain's office. "You summoned me, Erei'Riov?"

"Yes, Mr. Svonn," Ronov said. "Please come, sit. Would you care for a beverage?"

"No, thank you, Rekkhai," Svonn responded, crossing the room, and sitting in the chair indicated.

"As you undoubtedly heard, I also summoned Erei'Arrain T'Shana. We will get started when she arrives."

Once again, the door chime went off as it detected T'Shana's approach, though she did not slow her stride and marched right in when the doors parted. "If this has anything to do with that slimeball T'Ma....ack...," she choked on the word, when she saw Svonn. "Oh..." She looked to Ronov. "Rekkhai, it was nothing... I'm sure the crew exaggerated..."

Ronov glowered at the woman, not at all pleased with her simply barging in like that. "I realized I summoned you here, Erei'Arrain, but there is protocl, even on a Federation ship."

She clenched her jaw, but nodded. "Yes, Rekkhai."

"Have a seat," Ronov ordered, pointing to the empty chair. Even though he really did not want to, Rihannsu tradition called for his next statement. "Would you care for a beverage, Erei'Arrain?"

T'Shana sat, briefly glancing to Svonn, before answering the XO. "You got anything invigorating, cause I think I need it."

Svonn merely raised his brow, looking over at T'Shana.

"Invigorating?" Ronov asked. "Possibly a caffeinated beverage?"

She took a deep breath. "That would be nice." She had a feeling this meeting might put her to sleep otherwise.

Ronov rose, and crossed to the replicator. He ordered up a caffeinated soft beverage and returned to the desk. He sat the beverage down in front of T'Shana, then moved back to his seat.

"I asked you both here, for your expertise," Ronov started. "As is not secret, the warbird ch'Ourai'Sienov had an unsuccessful flight using an experimental slip-stream drive."  He pushed two Rihannsu data-recorders in front of each of the officers. "I want you two to look over the data, and figure out what went wrong."

T'Shana's brow rose, "Together?"

Svonn picked up the recorder and keyed it on. He raised a brow, and glanced over to T'Shana, at her question.

"Is there a problem, Erei'Arrain?" Ronov asked. He knew of their little scene on the mess hall.

She looked from Ronov to Svonn and back to Ronov. "Uhmm.... no."

Ronov looked to Svonn, the same question on his mind. "Commander?"

"Negative, Erei'Riov," Svonn ansered immediately. "It would probably aid our investigation if we could get a first-hand look at the Ourai'Sienov's slip-stream installation."

"That is not going to happen, Commander," Ronov informed him. "I have been given permission to find out what went wrong by using Starfleet officers, if need be, but I am certain Tajrok would sooner blow the ship up than allow you onboard."

T'Shana picked up the drink as she listened. A soda can? She had never drank anything from a can before. What a strange gesture of Ronov's, she thought. She inspected the can, turning it in her hand a few times, tilting it up and down, trying to figure out how to open it.  "Typical Rihannsu," she muttered at Ronov's words, putting her finger on the opening mechanism.

Svonn waited. He had watched her turning the can over and over, and was now awaiting the result he knew was coming. He looked to Ronov. "Understandable, Erei'Riov. We shall reconstruct the installation on the holodeck, and ascertain what went wrong from there."

She turned toward Ronov. "Why is this Tajrok so paranoid, anyways? Aren't you his...," she popped the tab open with her finger, "...boss?" The liquid spewed out with force.

Ronov quickly moved aside as the liquid sprayed his way. "Erei'Arrain!!!" He watched ias it all fizzed to the top and flowed down the side of the can like lava from a volcano.

Her eyes widenend. "Uh oh...."

Svonn merely raised an eyebrow. He should have warned her, or Ronov, but.... it WAS amusing, this way.

T'Shana grimaced, shooting Svonn a quick look. Why he had not warned her was beyond her. As a Vulcan he couldn't possibly find this funny.  She jumped up, "I'm so sorry!"

Ronov looked down at the PADDs and Recorders which were on the desk. They were now covered in the spray from the soda can. "Get something to clean this up, NOW!"

TShana cringed, but complied. "Yes, Rekkhai."  Rushing over to the replicator, she requested a rag and quickly came back to clean up the sticky mess.  "I'm really really sorry," she babbled.  "I didn't know it would do that. I've never used soda cans...."

"I thought you went to Starfleet Academy, Erei'Arrain," Svonn said stoically.

She turned and shot him another dark look. "That doesn't mean I drank sodas."

After she had most of the liquid cleaned up, she looked at Ronov. "Did I get you wet, too, Rekkhai?"

Ronov also shot the Vulcan a dark look. "You knew what would happen, Commander." He looked down at the front of his uniform. "Yes, Erei'Arrain. You did."

"I confess, that i did know the result of T'Shana's constant manipulation of the soda can. I was a victim of that, myself, when i was at the Academy."

"I'm so sorry." T'Shana leaned over the desk and swished the rag around on the front of his uniform. "Honestly, I'm sorry."

Ronov grabbed her hand before she could wipe any lower on his uniform. He snatched the rag from her hand and started to wipe himself off. He then looked at Svonn, debating on dressing him down for this, until he looked intot he Vulcan's eyes. Was there a glimmer of humor there? In a Vulcan?

"Do either of you have questions pertaining to your assignments?"

"No, Rekkhai," Svonn replied.

T'Shana cast her eyes at the XO, then sat. She glanced to Svonn, then back to Ronov. "Uhm... no."

"I want a report as soon as possible. You are both dismissed."

"Yes, Rekkhai," Svonn said, giving T'Shana a look as he rose. "Holodeck 1 as sooh as you have changed, Erei'Arrain."

She stood slowly, nodding her acknowledgement to Svonn. She waited until the Commander had left the room.  "Would you like me to get some real cleaning supplies and get this all done right?" she asked the Rihannsu. "I mean... I'm not offering to wash your uniform, just... the desk. I feel bad," she contorted her face.

Ronov shook his head, his anger abated after seeing a Vulcan show signs of finding something funny. "No, Erei'Arrain. I will have a crewman from maintenance take care of it. You have a more important assignment to accomplish."

T'Shana eyed him for a moment. Had he actually found amusement in this? "I suppose you won't offer me a drink any more now," she smirked.

"I certainly will not offer you anything not in a ...." Ronov searched for the proper analogy. Then he remembered a holo-vid he had seen when he was trying to familiarize himself with Terrans. "... child's sippy-cup."

She gave him an incredulous look. "Ha ha." Then grinned again. "I prefer something with punch," she remarked coyly before turning and marching to the door. "See ya."

"I do not believe our equipment could stand it," Ronov joked. He actually allowed a smile to come to his face, for her benefit.

OFF

Lt. Commander Svonn
Chief Science officer

Erei'Arrain T'Shana