[USS Athena] "In Starfleet We Trust?"

  • From: Svonn <svonn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:31:38 -0400

ON

    The Starzen shuttle cleared the Athena's shuttle bay.  Admiral Detalya was amazed at the fact they did not have to decompress the entire bay.  He vowed this would be one improvement incorporated into Starzen ships.  His aide, Commander Behrig, sat in the seat next to him, watching the large Federation ship get smaller.   Behrig had been in on the tour, and sat in on the meeting, but had remained quiet.
    "Do we trust them, Admiral?" Behrig finally asked.
    "I believe we can trust Starfleet," Detalya said.  "The Rihannsu.... I don't know.  There is just something about them."
    "I agree, sir," Behrig said,  "I detected a definite hidden threat in Erei'Riov Ronov's words."
    "I have never trusted them," Detalya said.  "I felt we were pretty secure, with their colony being as far away as it is, but now.... The appearance of that ....warbird, I believe Commander Svonn called it, really gives me cause for concern."
    "You thinking they might use that ship to expand their territory?" Behrig asked.
    "That is exactly what i am thinking," Detalya muttered.  "the question is, will we be ready if they do?  Maybe this is an omen.  A wake up, so to say.  We have been smug in our technology."
    Behrig was quiet for a moment.  The large opening of the Starzen shuttle bay loomed before them.  "What are you feelings about them exploring the forbidden area?"
    "I honestly don't think we're going to have a choice," Detalya said.  "We know they have the technology to hide their ships.  How do we know that wasn't them on that last incursion Cruiser 89 detected?  If the Conglomerate asks for my recommendation, I am going to say to let them explore.  We can only gain by some kind of alliance with this Federation."

OFF