[usf-devel] Re: [Matroska-devel] Final call : USF muxing in MKV, and playback on DShow and Gstreamer

  • From: Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Discussion about the current and future development of Matroska <matroska-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:38:21 +0100

Liisachan a =E9crit :
> Anyway, my hope is, USF decoder will work on Win98 too.
> It should be possible, because many other cool applications,
> such as foobar2000, do support UTF-8 even on Windows 98.
>=20
> Otherwise, we will keep saying to Windows users in anime fandom,
> "MKV is practical if, and only if, your OS is Win2k or xp;
> If you are using windows 98, you'll just have to give up.
> Most probably it wont play properly."

 From what I understand it's not a USF problem (and USF will not solve=20
such problems magically). I know there are some problems but I don't=20
know the precise details.

Does MPC for W9x work fine with subs in MKV ?
Does Haali's splitter work fine in W9x ? Does it solve possible issues ?=20
Or is the problem in vobsubs, in which case we'd have to push Gabest to=20
try to get things fixed.

As we plan to release a new pack in a few weeks, we have enough time to=20
make sure it works in W9x too. We have good coders, it's just a matter=20
of time and will :)

Steve
http://usf.corecodec.org