[upggm_postgrad] Fwd: UP postgraduate Masters bursaries [fee waiver]

  • From: Sean Cullen <awesomeseancullen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geo Masters <ggm-msc-geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Geo PhD <ggm-phd-geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GGM Personnel <ggm-staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GGM Postgrad <upggm_postgrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GIS Masters <ggm-msc-gis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GIS PhD <ggm-phd-gis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Met Masters <ggm-msc-met@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Met PhD <ggm-phd-met@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:06:03 +0200

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brenda Wingfield <Brenda.Wingfield@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Subject: UP postgraduate Masters bursaries [fee waiver]
To: Sean Cullen <awesomeseancullen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nkosi Kgoogo <Nkosi.Kgoogo@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Sean,
Can I please ask that you send around a message to our Masters [and
probably PhD students] regarding the UP postgraduate Masters bursaries [fee
waiver]. Study finances has now sent an E-mail message to the successful
candidates asking them to complete the necessary paperwork and submit this
by the 5th November. If a student does not submit this in time they will
not receive the bursary.

My concern is that the E-mail has been sent to the E-mail address which is
listed on the students profile BUT many of our students do not use their
"tuks" E-mail addresses and have also not changed their profile to reflect
this. If this is the case they will then not read the E-mail and not know
whether they have [or have not] received this bursary.

We will ask for the lists of successful candidates and distribute these to
the departments but in the interim can you please send out a message to
your PSANA members to inform them that Study finances is in the process of
informing successful students that these bursaries will be available. The
information has been sent to the E-mail address that is listed on their
profiles and that they should please access these messages through this
address. I note that the "coursework" masters bursary lists have mainly
"tuks" addresses. I copy the addresses that have been used in the E-mail
that have been sent. I could only screen shot this.
Regards
Brenda

--
Regards