[Umpqua Birds] Geese at Ford's Pond

  • From: "T. D. Stanley" <squisheehalo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:33:27 -0700

After hearing about the Pelican being at Ford's Sunday and was still there
today, I took trip there this afternoon. It was still there as of 4pm and
didn't move from it's rock the whole time I was there of several hours.

Adding to what Matt Hunter saw, I did not see the his Phalarope this time.
I did see other migrants though, some
Cackling Geese within the Canada Geese and a large amount of Greater
White-Fronted Geese.
When reviewing my pictures I noticed two Canada Geese wore what seemed to
be light colored collars, for ID or tracking purposes I'm guessing. Sadly
the images did not have enough detail for anything on the collars to be
read.

Tiana Stanley