[Umpqua Birds] Re: Ford's Pond

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 17:00:41 -0700

Jim, that is fantastic news!  It is pretty much a "dream come true" for me.
I am very grateful for all the work you and Beth and others put into
letting the city know how valuable the place could be as a "park" versus
just a wastewater holding area (which it will eventually also be). I think
it made a big difference.

Jim, if anyone wanted to send a letter to the City of Sutherlin in support
of this progress and the future of Ford's Pond, to whom would it be good to
address the letter , e.g., Mayor?, Manager?, Council?, Wastewater Mgt., all
of them?  Thanks.

If anyone wants to be more involved with what's going on with Ford's Pond
now and in the future, start by sending an email with your interest to
friendsfordspond@xxxxxxx.

Looking forward to my first walk in several decades all the way around the
pond!

Jazzed,

Matt Hunter
Melrose, OR