[Umpqua Birds] Douglas Red-eyed Vireo photos/recording

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ub <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 20:37:49 -0700

Hi Birders,

I have uploaded my cell phone recording of the RED-EYED VIREO singing at
Reustle Winery, June 6, 2015. This is what we heard upon getting out of the
car. It took us another 15-20 minutes to get a visual of the bird. I was
struck by how long of a bird it was (and is in the photos), and how white
underneath. Dark eyeline apparent, but everything hard to see 40 ft up in
Black Oaks.

www.umpquabirds.org/revi6jun2015L.mp3

Here are a few photos. These are the best out of my 30 or so photos. Liz
Gayner took one single photo, which I think was better than these. Liz, if
you send to me I'll put it with mine, if you don't have another place you
want to put it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewghunter/sets/72157653803984298

I really don't know how many other records there are in Douglas Co. Ron
Maertz might have an idea. ?

Redeye, Set, Go Birding,

Matt Hunter
Melrose, OR