[Umpqua Birds] Re: Dec 20, 2014, Roseburg-Sutherlin CBC Summary

  • From: "Rick Foster" <rdfoster52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 18:39:43 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi Matt,

Great job of organizing the CBC this year and thanks for inviting me over. I
love playing with numbers (thanks for putting those togetherJeannie) and
enjoyed myself despite the almost continuous rain. That was a great photo of
the flooding river where we were standing at the Smith's house the day
before. Needless to say we had plenty of flooding over here in the Coquille
Valley. I'm glad the Common loon stayed around for us but we never saw any
Pied-billed grebes (saw several the week before) or Mallards (2 the week
before). Wish we had seen the Golden eagle that Joe saw in our area but
maybe next year.

Rick