[Umpqua Birds] Birders Night, Thursday, Feb 19th

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:00:16 -0800

Hi Folks,

Please join us for the next Birders Night, Thursday, February 19th, 2015,
Room 3 in the Mercy Community Education Building (located next to the old
Office Depot south of the corner of NW Stewart Parkway and Renann St.).
Room open at 6:30 pm for visiting, get in gear at 7 pm, over about 8:30 or
9 pm, out soon after.

This gathering will include some "Open Time" and some tips from Matt Hunter
on how to learn to bird by ear. We will also have a short discussion on
your desires and ideas for the future of Birders Night, and some ways to
input into the process.

*Open Time:* Anyone can show photos, or drawings, tell stories, ask
questions.... You may even have a photo of a bird you want help to
identify. To show photos, you can either bring them on a jump drive/ flash
drive, or email them to me so I can put them on my computer. Individual
sharing will involve something like 1 to 5 minutes per person, for whoever
wants to do so. (Matt will have a backup of bird photos/quizzes). If you
want to do something longer, contact me about doing a longer
entertainment/education piece at a future meeting.

*Birding by Ear:* Matt Hunter will attempt to give you confidence in
pursuing this skill that greatly enhances your ability to find as well as
identify birds. He will discuss step by step techniques to help you build
your skills.

We will also have a bird book drawing!!! And copies of "Oregon Birds"
magazine will be available for you to take home and keep or just borrow.

If you have any questions, call or email Matt Hunter. 541-670-1984,
matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx.

Hope to see you there!

The Birders Team