[Umpqua Birds] BIRDERS NIGHT, APRIL 21

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 17:24:56 -0700

Hi Friends,

I hope you're enjoying the increasing signs of spring migration; it's
slowly ramping up. The next few weeks will bring a lot of new species back
from the tropics!....

The Birders Night Team---Bob & Jeannie Pollock, Stacy Burleigh, Liz Gayner,
Mark Hamm, Matt Hunter---have worked out some details for upcoming
gatherings. For 2015 we are going to do meetings every other month. We are
trying room 2 in April. We will get feedback from y'all again at the end of
this year about various details, but feel free to share your thoughts any
time. We are not organizing refreshments: if you want something to eat or
drink, bring it for yourself and/or to share if you like. No red,
carpet-staining liquids.

Birders Night, Tuesday, April 21, Mercy Community Ed Bldg, Rm 2

Directions: Mercy Comm. Ed. Bldg. is behind the parking lot south of the
corner of NW Stewart Parkway and Renann St. (between Del Taco and
McDonalds), west Roseburg north of Garden Valley Blvd.

6:30 pm Unstructured social time (or earlier if you want to help set up)
7:00 pm Open sharing time (stories, sightings, photos, video, artifacts,
journals, art)
7:30 pm Presentations
---Quick intro to eBird/BirdLog/BirdsEye by Matt Hunter
---Bird Sound Mnemonics by Liz Gayner and Matt Hunter
8:30 pm social time
9:00 close up

We will also continue our bird book drawings, free Oregon Birds magazines,
and loaner beginner spotting scope (Jimmy got his fixed/replaced! Wahooo!).
Next Birders Night will be Tuesday, June 23. Questions? Call Matt Hunter
541-670-1984.