[UK TV Freelancers] Sweat Shop update

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:42:45 +0100

Dear TV Freelancer,

Just passing on a quick response from BECTU to our last mailout about the
'Sweat Shop': we've been asked to draw attention to the fact that
individuals who are not paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their
work can also take a claim to an Employment Tribunal. If they are BECTU
members, the union will help them and give legal advice/representation as
appropriate. But they shouldn't hang about - the claim must be lodged within
3 months of the problem arising. The Sweat Shop is here:

And BECTU is here:

Also, since its publication, BECTU members expressed a wish to do some more
work on the Camera ratecard, and it has consequently been temporarily
removed from the union's website.

That's it for now,

TV Freelancers

This email was sent to you from www.tvfreelancers.org.uk.
To unsubscribe from this list: send email to
uktvfreelancers-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.
Read old emails online at http://www.freelists.org/archives/uktvfreelancers