[UK TV Freelancers] INTERACTIVE SITE LAUNCHED

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:19:54 +0100

Dear TV Freelancer,

Thanks to support from the very nice programming people at
productionbase.co.uk, our improved interactive site is finally online at
www.tvfreelancers.org.uk - with new databases for rates and employers.
It's an exciting leap forward, which we've been planning for many
months. We're confident you'll find it a valuable resource.

The first system takes our existing rates forum into a new dimension.
You can now (anonymously) enter information about current or recent
jobs, and the rate you earned on that job; and also search for
information about rates earned by other people on similar jobs.

The second new database enables you to search for information about
specific employers. If you've just been approached by a company you know
nothing about, you can use the database to search for, and contact,
others who have already worked for that employer - and you can offer to
share information (again, anonymously) about your own experiences of
previous employers. You'll need to register to use the databases, but
you only have to do this once - and it's very quick.

To get the ball rolling, we'd like to ask those of you already on our
mailing list to contribute as much data as you can to these systems.
They will only become a truly useful resource when hundreds, if not
thousands of freelancers have added their details. So we'd ask you at
this stage not to search the databases without also making a
contribution of your own, to make them as representative as possible.

In a few weeks the website will be launched to the industry's press -
and by then we'd like to have plenty of data for newcomers to search
through. If you have any difficulties using the databases, please let us
know, so we can iron out any teething problems asap.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this launch - and for your
support so far.

Best wishes

www.tvfreelancers.org.uk