[UHNA] Zoning

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <CSummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Linda Ziegler'" <LindaZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:16:16 -0400

I went to the zoning hearing concerning 698 Riddle. The landlord was seeking
an exception to park cars in the front yard. The reason was that the house
is a two family which requires at least two parking places. Often three cars
are vying for a place in the driveway. They consider it a safety issue for
the single woman tenant to have to park in the street. CUF and the City had
written letters opposing it. I spoke against it on aesthetic grounds as we
don't need any more unsightly parking in this area. The hearing officer
pointed out that an exception for one landlord could lead to many other
requests in the area.

He will issue a decision within 10 days. It is an interesting process.

Cynthia Summers

1600 Scripps Center

312 Walnut St.

Cincinnati Ohio 45202