[UHNA] Summary of the July CUF trustee's meeting

  • From: "DF Lewis" <DFLewis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:12:00 -0400

Hi All

Last Tuesday, we had our July CUF trustee's meeting.  I should eventually
get complete minutes, but in the mean  time, here is my very short overview:

*       Trustees voted to support some very promising ideas being proposed
for Old St. George by a developer. (It is too early in the process to
broadcast details.)

*       Trustees voted to support initial contracts with Town Property to
develop plot 4 (the current green space to the south of UC between McMillan
and Calhoun.)

*       Trustees voted to send a letter of support for a requested
streetscape study in the Western Clifton Heights business district.  The
letter will include a recommendation that a proposed streetcar connecting
our area to downtown come up Clifton Ave.

*       Trustees voted to send a letter to the Cincinnati park board in
opposition to selling or constructing buildings on any Cincinnati park land.
This is in response to  a park board presentation proposing a restaurant in
Burnett Woods as well as the selling of what was deemed as a dysfunctional
portion of a park in the Mt. Auburn area.

Daniel F. Lewis