[UHNA] Re: April CUF Meeting

  • From: "Bill & Margaret O'Kain" <okain@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:53:00 -0700

Thanks Dan for the update. Margaret
----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Lewis" <dflewis@xxxxxxxx>
To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 6:26 PM
Subject: [UHNA] April CUF Meeting

> Hi All
> I made it to the CUF meeting this month.  Below is my attempt at a
summary:

> Highlights of the April Cuff Meeting:
>

>   1.. The ringleader of the ATM robberies has been caught and will be
tried as an adult.

>   2.. Sentencing on the cases related to last year's  Sinco Daimyo riots
have finished.

>   3.. A couple of graffiti artists have been sentenced.
>

>   4.. Three representatives of UC spoke in front of the group:  Lance
Long, Frank Boen (Dean of Students) and the UC Police Chief.   UC is using
mail, email and  doorknob hangers to get out the word that new laws required
to expel students committing "party" related crimes and such a student will
be ineligible for state financial aid for at least two years. Also a
revision in the UC code of conduct will soon be brought to a final vote that
will  give  UC direct supervision of students within half a mile of UC.
(Currently that supervision ends at the campus line.

>   5.. The Civic Recreation Commission had two members speak. They handed
out summer activity brochures and  mentioned  summer camps to kids and
teans.

>   6.. The Great American Pickup (where hundreds of students fan out an
clean up our neighborhood for us) will kick off 9:00 this Saturday at the
civic center between Hughes High and St. Monica - St. George Church.