[uae] Re: WHDLoad and JIT

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 23:39:40 -0500

Hi Jens

On Thursday 09 November 2006 14:58, Jens Weichert wrote:
> If you (or anybody else) find time, can you make a PPC binary for OSX
> with all features? (SCSI, bsdsocket, SDL, and, if you have finish it,
> with a useable OpenGL support)

Made progress with OpenGL support on OS X (now I have my new toy to play
with).

When I first tried it, the performance was still dreadful. In the last couple
of days, though, I've done some reading up on Apple's OpenGL docs and
tinkering with the code, and now it really flies (even with this GeForce2 MX
card)!

Performance-wise this really is a huge improvement. I now have E-UAE playing
classic A500 games on OS X here (in a windowed and fullscreen modes) with no
dropped frames, no hiccups in sound, no apparent performance problems
whatsover. At last! :-)

> PS: the latest CVS changes work very well.

Good. Did anybody ever figure out what was causing the problem when using the
TSC for timining on Intel Macs?