[uae] Re: Serial Emulation

  • From: Stefan Reinauer <stefan.reinauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:20:06 +0200

On 5/26/10 10:51 AM, Peter Hutchison wrote:
> [...]

Hi,

I'm one of the two guys who wrote serial emulation back in the days. I
don't remember everything we did, and some of the stuff seems to be from
someone else but I'll try to recover from the source:

serial_on_demand: only open the serial device when it is actually used
by the UAE client software (i.e. when you start NCOM) as opposed to
starting it at program start.
serial_hardware_ctsrts: seems to be unused
serial_direct: seems to be unused
uaeserial: uaeserial.device ... some stuff by Toni Wilen, no idea what
it does.

The command line option -I /path/to/serial_device was disabled in PUAE
though, no idea why someone did that. So the whole stuff is disabled
anyways unless someone fixes this.

> Most Macs do not have serial ports so I suspect they do not work
> unless you have a hardware equivalent and I have not found any further
> information on the web or in the documentation with the E-UAE files.
I'm using 4 FTDI USB2SERIAL converters with my Mac, they work like a charm.

Stefan