[uae] Re: Please, need help

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:30:37 -0500

Hi David

On Friday 03 November 2006 16:23, David Lowe wrote:
>       Then we need to adjust the configuration.  Peter Volkov, Jochen
> Becher, Richard Drummond: is there currently a plan afoot to change
> the configurator [CMake, AutoConf], or is it safe to begin making
> edits to the configuration file?

Feel free to experiment with the configure file. However, soon I either want
to move to CMake or rewrite the current autotools-based build system.

> It would be useful to compare our
> configuration to Mozilla
> [ http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mac_OS_X_Universal_Binaries ],
> which can build either Intel or PPC executables on either type Mac.

Also check out how the SDL project does it.

They recently dropped automake from their build system though, and I seem to
remember one of the reasons was it was difficult to create FAT binaries with
automake.