[uae] Re: Performance of E-UAE

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:10:09 -0400

Hi Mark

On Sunday 14 August 2005 05:28 am, Mark Round wrote:
> Anyone have any tips or tricks, or sample configurations that may help
> ? Or am I being unrealistic with my requirements and the specs of my
> laptop ?
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I'd definitely try cpu_speed=real.

Some parts of Arte by Sanity are rather demanding, though (e.g. the tunnel
sequence at the start). These doen't run at full-speed on my AmigaONE with an
800MHz G4.

The custom-chip emulation still builds poorly on the PPC architecture it
seems. This is something I need to look at now they I've got the CPU
interpreter working nicely on PPC machines.