[uae] Re: More speed on OS X...

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 00:53:09 -0500

Hi Jens

On Sunday 31 October 2004 03:19 am, Jens Weichert wrote:
> I'm not sure, if this are 40% but the emulator runs even faster than
> before!!!

As I said to Yann, you'll rarely see an increase as much as 40%.

In fact, if the software you're running spends all it's time banging the
chipset, you probably be lucky to see a 5% increase. ;-)

> This is a great job!! I'm not wondering, if you finish the JIT for PPC in
near future ;o)

I've recently started working on that again, but I can't give you a realistic
estimate of when I could finish it.

I do have some more performance improvements for the interpretative emulator
which should be ready for testing fairly soon.