[uae] Re: Keyboard shortcus in 0.8.28 (AmigaOS4)

  • From: Hubert Maier <raziel_nosgoth@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:32:41 +0200

Hi Rich,

RD>> the latest available version isn't using the keyboard shortcuts anymore!?
RD>>
RD>> Is this  a bug or just turned off for some reason?
RD>> e.g. F12+F1 (Insert a disk) gives me nothing, also F12+Q (Quit) or F12+R
RD>> (Reset), all of the shortcuts didn't work anymore.
RD>>
RD>> I'm using the SDL-built.
RD>>
RD>> Do they change since the last beta?
RD>>
RD>> ...and yes, i HAVE F12 on my keyboard and it WORKED before :-)

RD> Use Ctrl+Left Alt+<key> instead of F12+<key>. This was changed for the SDL
RD> driver when building on AmigaOS, since real Amiga keyboards don't have an
F12
RD> key.

May i leave a feature request of the sort of a new .uaerc-point?

If it's possible it would be nice to have some sort of "kbd_type=(PC|Amiga)"
where "PC"
uses the F12-keys (which i have on my AOne/AOS4-system and "Amiga" uses
CTRL+Left Alt?

Would be another great feature. :-)

Anyway, thanks for the info, working now

PS: the latest release if far slower on loading into WB and overall compared to
the
0.8.28RC2 from 18/08/2005? Why is that?

Ciao

Hubert