[uae] Re: Key is not send to UAE enviroment

  • From: Henning Rogge <HRogge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:41:52 +0000

Richard Drummond wrote:
> Hi Henning
>
> Sorry for the slow reply.
I'm lucky I found this mailing list.

> Is the Gentoo build using the X11 output driver or the SDL one, do you know?
I'm not sure, sorry. I have killed my windows only a month ago, I'm
using linux since this time.

> If it's built against SDL then setting the option sdl.map_raw_keys=true in
> your config file will generally alllow better support for international
> keyboards.
Tried this, no effect.

> If it's using the X11 driver, then do you have kbd_lang=de set in your config
> file? (You can also set this at run-time within UAE with the uaecontrol
> tool).
Tried this too, no effect.

> If you still have no luck, then can you run xev from a shell terminal, press
> the offending key and then forward me the output for that key?

KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x2a00001,
    root 0x76, subw 0x0, time 1703199, (-287,-449), root:(748,330),
    state 0x10, keycode 94 (keysym 0x3c, less), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3c) "<"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3c) "<"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

( and the combination with shift and alt-gr )

Henning