[uae] Filesystem problem with IBrowse

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:33:00 +0100

Hallo

I found a problem with a linux filesystem directory used as a HD in UAE.

Apparently IBrowse is unable to handle its cache correctly and crashes,
exits and also freezes the X cursor if the cache is located on such a linux
folder.

But it works without any flaws if the IBrowse cache is located on a hardfile.

I'm using ext3 on my Linux setup. I also tryed it with WinUAE (ntfs) but i could
not reproduce the problem there.

See laso amiga.org where i already mentioned the problem before:

http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15548&forum=5&post_id=217143#forumpost217143

Mit freundlichen Grüssen