[uae] Re: CAPS on Mac OS X

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:24:39 -0500

Hi Jens

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 05:06 pm, Jens wrote:
> It's CAPS support enabled in the Mac OS X/Fink version of UAE enabled?

No. Sorry.

> I downloaded and installed the CAPS library in /usr/lib (like written
> in the readme) and linked it also like written in the readme, but i
> can't run an .ipf image. I only get the ROM Boot Screen.

Doesn't the readme also say that it works only on platforms supported by the
CAPS plug-in? Mac OS X isn't. AFAIK, it's only available on Windows, Linux
(x86 and ppc) and AmigaOS.

I did ask the CAPS guys if they had any plans to do an OS X version, but I
don't think any of them have OS X . . . However, if you want CAPS support on
OS X, I suggest you contact them. The library is closed-source, so only they
can do it. If they see there's sufficient interest, then they might do an OS
X version.