[u3aavcuss] Re: Software

  • From: "Sally MACLEOD" <donsmate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:41:23 -0000

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Bean
  To: u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:30 PM
  Subject: [u3aavcuss] Re: Software

  Ron,

  Two points:

    a.. Office 2007 Home and Student Edition  only contains Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and OneNote
    b.. Office 2003 works fine under Vista - it even looks like a new product!

  I'm always wary of discounted Microsoft products as they often carry out
on-line authentication of versions of the OS and MS products although I'm not
sure of the sanctions they can invoke except, of course, at some time just
disabling products whose serial nos. duplicate, don't match something in your
OS or some other Federal Misdemeanour!

  MS themselves offered me (perhaps) this version at a similar but I had to be
corresponding from a .edu domain and have a US IP address so was unable to take
it up.

  Mike Bean

  U3A Aylesbury Vale