[u3aavcuss] Microsoft Office

  • From: Ron & Rosemary M - U3A <ronandrosemary62-u3a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: U3A CUSS Group <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:34:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hello

Thanks for all the comments and advice on buying MS Office. I contacted the U3A
Head Office and was offered MS Office 2007 professional at £97.03 incl vat and
del. but felt this was beyond my budget.

I have since found Software4Students who are a Microsoft Authorised Reseller
who are offering Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 for £59.95 plus p & p total
£61.45 - this comprises:-

Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Microsoft Office Word 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
Microsoft Office Access 2007
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 3
Microsoft Office Groove 2007
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

 To purchase from them you are required to be a student or parent/guardian at a
registered educational institute. As I am still an Open University Student I
specified the OU as my educational institute. On looking at the schools and
colleges etc registered I would have thought the U3A would qualify for the same
discounts but I could not find them listed.

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Default.aspx

I will keep you posted how I get on but as I have always used MS software I am
not too happy with others that are not entirely compatible.

Anyone wanting to try MS Office 2007 can load it directly into their browser at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101741481033.aspx

You should be careful to click on Take a Test Drive TRY NOW rather than
Download a free trial.

Regards Ron :-)