[u3aavcuss] CUSS Group Meeting - Friday 1st February - PowerPoint

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:24:14 -0000

U3A Aylesbury Vale Computer Users Support Service (CUSS) Group
Place: Grange School
Date: Friday 1st February
Time: 15:30 (to 17:00)
Location: Computer room 2

This week's session will be:
Microsoft PowerPoint
'Not just for presentations to the Board'

This is an introductory session - general keyboard skills required.

PowerPoint has an established place in the office for the presentation of
text, graphs and images but it can also provide a relatively simple way of
producing attractive and dynamic slide shows of your digital photos and
videos.

Unlike many picture viewers PowerPoint can mix, overlay, rotate, annotate
text and images as you choose; to create a slide show for PC, TV or the Web.
And your viewers don't even need to have PowerPoint to enjoy them.

We will work through the basics of creating a slide show with titles, text
and pictures (using some provided by me or your own on USB stick or CD/DVD)
and how they can be animated (from simple timed advance to a range of
movements, fading, etc. for use in meetings, parties or sending on disk or
e-mail to friends and family.

Mike Bean

* Please remember to wear your U3A badges at the Grange School.
* Any Aylesbury Vale U3A members are welcome - an introductory e-mail would
be appreciated but PLEASE, directly to to me
(Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and not as a reply to this e-mail.
* Lost? Call (612883) or e-mail me for directions to the venue.