[u.s.s.razerwolf] "Late For A Very Important Date" Lt. Cmdr CJ Tucker

  • From: CJTucker1@xxxxxxx
  • To: u.s.s.razerwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:32:13 EST

"Late For A Very Important Date"
Lt. Cmdr CJ Tucker
CENG

Sitting in the lounge on the Starbase, CJ was downing her second rum and
coke. She  was actually enjoying the time just watching the people around  her.
She wasn't scheduled to report for duty for a few hours so she was taking
advantage of the time alone. Once she boarded the Razerwolf, things would
surely
go to hell in a hand basket. That's what her experiences on most shakedown
cruises were, especially when it came to engineering.

As she was sitting there she noticed several people playing darts and
decided to see if she could jump in. After all what did she have to lose but a
few
credits. Standing she walked over to the men playing darts and stood there
watching for a while. After a few minutes of scrutiny one of the men asked her
want she wanted.

"Lassie, you always stand around while men are playing darts?" The man was
at least 6 feet tall with dark hair and muscular arms. She had been watching
him  and noticed that he had a tendancy to throw either too hard or too far to
the  right. He had yet to hit the bullseye.

CJ simply smiled and stated, "Actually I was watching your technique to see
if there was anything I could learn from it, and I am sorry to say there
isn't.  However if you are interested in a little wager I would be more than
willing to  take you on. Say, best 3 out of 5 games?" She stood there with her
arms
crossed  and waited for the man to answer.

Henderson, as she later learned was his name, looked at her and laughed.
"You think you can beat me in a game of darts? Why, I could pick you up and
toss
you across the room with one hand tied behind my back. It wouldn't be fair of
me  to take your credits."

"Well, Henderson, does that mean you are afraid to play a woman in a game  of
darts? Afraid I might beat you? I would hate for the rest of the station to
hear how you were afraid to play a "girl." By the way the name is not Lassie,
it's Tucker, CJ Tucker. I guess I will just have to go spread the word." With
 that CJ turned and started to walk out when she heard her name being  called.

Turning around she looked at Henderson, "Did you just call me? If not I  have
other things to occupy my time with." Mainly checking out the female
population around here. "So, are we on for a game or two?"

With a smirk on his face, Henderson admitted that he indeed wanted to play  a
few games. He was certain that he was going to win that he had a few side
wagers going on. CJ walked up and took the darts from him and felt them, making

sure they weren't rigged or anything of that nature. "I assume that you are
going to let ladies go first?" He just nodded his head.

Taking the first dart in her hand CJ aimed it at the target and then let it
loose. Unfortunately it hit the very edge of the board. She didn't mind she
still had two darts to go. Her second dart hit the third ring while the third
dart again bounced off the rim. "Must not be my day." She handed the darts to
Henderson and watched as he threw his, hitting the target each time. "Well,
looks like you got the first game. Go ahead and start the second game."

"Darts ain't a game for a woman. I warned you." Henderson took the three
darts and threw them at the target. Unfortuantely his aim was off and all three

hit the outer ring. "Damnation. Let's see what you can do Tucker."

CJ took the darts, rolled them around in her hand and then with careful aim
let them fly. Each dart hit the bulls eye. She looked at Henderson and just
grinned. "I guess that makes us even. One game a piece." Handing him the darts
she stood back to let him throw.

Standing back he took careful aim, trying to drown out the screaming of the
crowd. His first two darts hit the second ring from the bulls eye while the
third hit the bulls eye. "Let's see you beat that one CJ Tucker."

Again she took the darts and per her usual routine she let them fly, all
three of them hitting the bulls eye. "Oops, did I do that? Looks like I am up 2

games to your 1." She could see the anger building in Henderson's eyes. He
ripped the darts out of her hand and without even thinking or taking his time
 aim he threw them at the target. One bounced on the floor, while the other
two  hit the very outermost ring.

"Not good Henderson. If I win this game you owe me 20 credits." Taking the
darts CJ patiently looked at the target and let each dart fly. Each dart hit
the  bulls eye. Much to Henderson's dismay. "I think that makes 3 games I have
won,  so hand over the credits. Pay up now or I will have to call security."
Reluctantly he paid up and CJ pocketed the credits. Looking at the time she
realized that she was late for boarding the Razerwolf.

She left the lounge, ran back to her meager quarter's grabbing her gear and
supplies and made a mad dash to the docking bay where the ship was located.
She  managed to sneak in and find her quarter's where she unceremoniously
dumped
her  gear. She then headed back to the bridge to hear the speach by Commodore
Pierce,  hoping that no one noticed she was just a tad late.

Luckily everyone was busy listening to the Commodore that they didn't  notice
her. She had to wonder how things were going to be working with a Klingon
captain, but hers was not  to ask why, hers was but to do or die. Or even
better find someplace to hide.