[TURC] CRIMT International Conference - New Frontiers for Citizenship at Work - May 12-14 2014 - Montreal - TURC List

  • From: Murray Gregor <gregor.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "turc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <turc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 01:10:04 +0000

Dear TURC List Members,
Please find below a reminder about our forthcoming conference on citizenship at
work. We're expecting a big turnout of researchers, educators, trade unionists,
NGOs and other labour market actors. The aim is to provide a space for an
ongoing conversation and an agenda, in both English and French, for making
better workplaces.
If you cannot be part of this conversation in Montreal in May, later this year
we will be making most of the sessions available in the Media Library on the
CRIMT Website.
Please check out the impressive range of contributions and the research that
people are doing on citizenship at work through the following Weblink to the
program: <http://www.crimt.org/NFCW2014.html>
If you are thinking of participating, please register now as we are likely to
hit maximum capacity before the conference.
Apologies for cross-posting.
Gregor Murray
CRIMT Director, School of Industrial Relations, Université de Montréal

REMINDER - CRIMT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
12-14 May 2014, Montreal
New Frontiers for Citizenship at Work
The Interuniversity Research Centre on Globalization and Work (CRIMT) invites
you to participate in its forthcoming international conference on New Frontiers
for Citizenship at Work. Spanning a broad range of subjects related to the
understanding and the promotion of citizenship at work, this conference
includes five plenary sessions and more than sixty workshops and forums (more
than half of which will offer simultaneous French-English translation).

The conference entails two complementary activities: 1) The Community Forum
(Tuesday May 13th); and 2) The Research Days (Monday May 12th and Wednesday May
14th).

The Community Forum is specifically designed for actors and practitioners from
the world of work. The program, which is now available, aims to encourage a
dialogue between research, policy and practitioner communities. More than 90
participants in fourteen forums and three plenary sessions will share their
the practices, policies and institutions most likely to meet the challenges for
labour law, for dealing with social risk and for promoting both organizational
efficiency and employee well-being.

The Research Days will bring together more than 250 leading researchers from
more than 25 countries to discuss their most recent research results on
transformations in the world of work. The entire three days of the conference
are likely to provide a unique learning opportunity and a fruitful dialogue
between researchers and practitioners concerned with improving the quality and
relevance of research and with providing tools to improve the world of work.

We invite you to register for the entire three days or just for the Community
Forum (Tuesday May 13th). All activities will take place at HEC Montreal.

You can find the detailed program, registration details and other information
on the conference website: <http://www.crimt.org/NFCW2014.html>.

We suggest that you register now if you plan to attend. Please note that we are
likely to reach the maximum number of places and that planning for the lunches
included with the registration requires advance registration. We really look
forward to seeing you in Montreal at what we think will be an amazing three
days!

The Coordinating Committee
Stéphanie Bernstein (Université du Québec à Montréal), Jean Charest (Université
de Montréal), Urwana Coiquaud (HEC Montréal), Karine Drolet (CRIMT), Martin
Dumas (Université Laval), Judy Fudge (University of Kent), Marie-Josée Legault
(TELUQ), Francine Jacques (CRIMT), Gregor Murray (Université de Montréal),
Élise Panier (CRIMT), Nicolas Roby (CRIMT), Guylaine Vallée (Université de
Montréal).

For the Scientific Committee:

Maurizio Ambrosini (Università di Milano), Harry Arthurs (York University),
Adelle Blackett (McGill University), Peter Berg (Michigan State University),
Gerhard Bosch (Universitat Duisburg-Essen), Christian Brunelle (Université
Laval), Michel Coutu (Université de Montréal), Isabelle Daugareilh (Université
Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV), Renée-Claude Drouin (Université de Montréal), Janice
Fine (Rutgers University), Laurence Léa Fontaine (Université du Québec à
Montréal), Émilie Genin (Université de Montréal), Jeffrey Hilgert (Université
de Montréal), France Houle (Université de Montréal), Karen Hughes (University
of Alberta), Catherine Le Capitaine (Université Laval), Isabelle Martin
(Université de Montréal), Ron McCallum (University of Sydney), Philippe Pochet
(European Trade Union Institute), Barbara Pocock (University of South
Australia), Ian Robinson (University of Michigan), Jill Rubery (University of
Manchester), Kendra Strauss (University of Cambridge), Gilles Trudeau
(Université de Montréal), Leah Vosko (York University).