Re: [tuning-math] Re: A chord analog to Fokker blocks

  • From: manuel.op.de.coul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:05:49 +0200

Gene wrote:
>There's a close relationship with periodicity blocks. Pick either major or
minor tetrads, and with those, one >particular chord element--for instance
the roots of the minor tetrads, or the major third element of the major
>tetrads. These will all individually be corresponding Fokker blocks.

I see, sort of a Carthesian product of a Fokker block with a chord then?

>Where is the 4:5:6:7 double tied circular mirroring discussed?

I wrote a posting to the Tuning List several years ago, I can't find
the specific date at the moment. In the scala archive they are the
scales *kring*.scl.
In a double tied circular mirroring a chord is inverted repeatedly
with two tones in common each time with the next inversion, until
coming back to the original.
They are closely related to Partch diamonds.

Manuel

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/wHYolB/TM

with the subject line "info tuning-math".  Or visit the
website:  < //www.freelists.org/list/tuning-math > .