[tuning-math] Re: Modulatoy topology in 22-TET

  • From: "emotionaljourney22" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 11:40:52 -0000

--- In tuning-math@xxxx, "hs" <straub@xxxx> wrote:

> >> Oops - looks like I should get the habit of readiong reports to
> >their _very_
> >> end...
> >
> >you can also see in that diagram how the *symmetrical* modes fit
> >nicely into the overall modulatory topology -- see it?
>
> Errm... After having a closer look at the diagrams, I think not.
The diagram
> axes are fifth, major third and harmonic seventh:

no, not those diagrams!

>I see no hint that the
> easiest modulation steps are semitone and tritone.

i said the appendix!

> The dimension of the whole diagram has no importance in this
aspect - in
> ET12, you probably can find chord systems with easiest modulation
steps
> 4 and 3 (I already found one with 4).

that would be systems related to the augmented scale (3 1 3 1 3 1).
for easiest modulation step 3, try systems related to the diminished
scale (1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2).

with the subject line "info tuning-math".  Or visit the
website:  < //www.freelists.org/list/tuning-math > .