[tugs] CINSSU NEEDS YOUR HELP!

  • From: Toronto Undergraduate Geography Society <j.cunha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:07:27 -0500

CINSSU NEEDS YOUR HELP!

The Free Friday Film series is now in its tenth year, but -- because of
the funding agreement that was initially made with SAC -- our budget for
the series has always been a flat $7,000.  Our costs, however, have been
climbing steadily: 20% in the past 3 years, in fact, and this year we
expect that the cost for the series will reach $10,000. So this year
we're asking students to approve a 50 cent refundable levy, to secure
the future of the FFF series.  The levy will be used towards:

* Fully covering the cost of the existing FFF series
* Contribution to the maintenance of the 35mm projection and sound
equipment in Innis Town Hall
* Expanding publicity for the series
* Allowing the screening of rare (and more expensive) films, which we
currently can't afford
* Expansion of the series: frosh week, exam periods, additional 9PM
screenings, etc.

The levy has to be approved by a SAC referendum the week of APRIL 7-11th
2003 on ROSI.

IF YOU ARE A FULL-TIME UNDERGRADUATE, AND CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE OF FREE
FRIDAY FILMS, PLEASE   VOTE FOR THE LEVY ON ROSI:
http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca/

APRIL 7-11th

The FFF series is possibly the only series of its kind in Canada.  With
admission fees inching skywards at both first- and second-run cinemas,
its value to students will only become more pronounced.  Entertainment
options are on the decline: a handful of smaller downtown cinemas have
closed, and several more are on the way out (including the Uptown and
the Eglin ton). The FFF series offers students free screenings of a
diverse selection of films unlike any other venue in the city.  Please
support CINSSU and FFF!

Title: Message
Forward this to TUGS General if you think it warrants it.