[tssg-tech] Re: Sources for handling RSS within Android

  • From: Harry Henriques <harry_henriques@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TSSG-tech <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

Should have sent this to the group.

Harry

________________________________
From: Harry Henriques <harry_henriques@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jim Cant <cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, September 26, 2010 1:06:15 PM
Subject: Re: Sources for handling RSS within Android

Hi Jim,

I thought about the Android Tutorial Article that I sent the group.  The
Android
VM can only execute Dalvic Executable bytecode.  In other words, the ROME,
JDOM,
and HttpClient jar files containing standard Java class files and standard Java
bytecode would have to be dynamically converted into "dex", every time we
invoke
our application.  I think that this fact makes my suggestion an impossibility
from a performance standpoint.  I don't think that we can use ROME and JDOM.

Best regards,
Harry Henriques
Java Developer

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:29:43 -0700
From: harry_henriques@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://android-er.blogspot.com/2010/04/read-xml-resources-in-android-using.html

Hi Jim,

I think that I can do this using ROME, and that it will be a lot cleaner.  I'll
give it a try.

Harry