[children's transport group] Evacuating vehicles

  • From: Ian Braithwaite <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:34:48 +0100

Hello everyone

I have been doing some thinking around strategies for evacuating vehicles in an
emergency; situations when the stretcher or trolley cannot be unloaded in the
normal way. Babypods and vacuum mattresses can be carried out, but patients in
a harness on the stretcher pose a problem. Once I used a carry-sheet under the
patient to provide a solution.

I wondered if anyone had a strategy, policy or solution to getting the
intensive care child out of a vehicle in an emergency.

Thank you.

Ian Braithwaite
Transport nurse
Embrace, Yorkshire, UK

* * * * *

This message came via the Children's Transport Group Mailing List.

You are subscribed to the INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES version.

Visit www.childrenstransport.com for more information.

You may unsubscribe at any time, either via the website, or by sending an email
to request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with â??unsubscribeâ?? as the Subject.