[touchinglives] Fwd: Connecting Sarat And Gobinda

  • From: Touching Lives <sonia.touchinglives@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: touchinglives <touchinglives@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:55:05 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sarat agrawal <saratkbj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: Connecting Sarat And Gobinda
To: Touching Lives <sonia.touchinglives@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: socialgobinda@xxxxxxxxx, ashishh.agrawal@xxxxxxxxx

hello Dr. Sonia

                     Thanks for your valuable reply. After having talked to
you, we are filled with a great sense of enthusiasm and zeal. It has boosted
our confidence towards the cause. We also had conversation with Mr. Gobinda,
a very positive person, felt good after talking to him. He has also visited
our area and knows the scenario and understands that a lot of work is to be
done here.He is also ready to provide all kind of support.

                      Now,coming to the point, First of all let me give you
an insight to our village. To tell the truth its not a village, its a town
with a population of approx 25000 people. In the vicinity of 10-20 kms there
are around more then 20 villages. Condition of people in these villages is
very poor. Every village has a govt. school but very few children go to
school. Child labor is very prominent here. Conditions of school is also
very poor. So much of funding comes from the government, don't know where it
goes. Thinking of people is very negative towards education. They prefer
their children to go to work rather than school So that he/she could earn
something.

                       At present as an initial phase what we want to do is
to open a English learning centre in our town and provide free English
classes, Communication & conversation classes , carrier counselling and also
computer training. What we thought is to make it a self fund generating. we
will run 2-3 paid batches for the local students. So that the fund generated
can be used for sponsoring free classes. Our major concentration would be
poor class and also we are thinking of spreading awareness of Right To
Education(RTE). Setting up of libraries  is also in our list of activities.

                       To do all this we need the proper guidance from you.
Actually we want to do this under your organization (Touching Lives) , so
that in every moment we will get proper guidance and all support. working
with you under your organization will also help us to gain support from our
family and society. So please show us the path to start .

Warm regards
Sarat & the team.
09437210428

*support Anna Hazare & IAC*.

--

* "If you ever wonder how to make a difference, JUST TOUCH ONE LIFE"
 ~Touching Lives~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrNwghfgUU*