[touchinglives] EcoCentric - E-waste Management _ Partnering with NGOs

  • From: Touching Lives <priya.touchinglives@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: touchinglives@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:28:25 +0530

Hi Guys,

Please go through this mail.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karan Thakkar <karan.thakkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Subject: EcoCentric - E-waste Management
To: priya.rshankar@xxxxxxxxx

Dear Priya,****

** **

Hope this mail finds you well.****

** **

Thank you for the opportunity you gave me to introduce my company
“EcoCentric” to you.****

** **

We are one of the leading companies offering E-waste solutions in India.
Electronic waste (E-waste) is the waste generated from electronic and
electrical equipments, which includes computers, mobile phones, white goods
etc. These equipments contain potentially hazardous materials, which has to
be treated with adequate know how. In India 90-95% of the waste generated is
forwarded to the unorganised sector where women and children manually
dismantle these equipments. This activity causes a lot of harm to the
environment. The Government of India (GOI) is taking a very progressive step
towards curbing this and promoting recycling. Many companies have also
realised the importance of recycling. I have attached my company profile for
your reference.****

** **

We often get queries from our clients where they want to donate old
computers or connect the e-waste programme to their ongoing CSR initiatives.
We have been exploring the opportunity to partner with an NGO. A couple of
arrangements that can work is;****

**1.       **When we get computer equipments and peripherals from companies,
we can donate it to an NGO for use in its offices, till the end of its life
and take it back for recycling.****

**2.       **Donate an amount to the NGO for every pre determined quantity
of e-waste recycled.****

** **

Kindly suggest how can we take this forward. Looking forward to meeting you
soon. ****

** **

** **

Best regards,****

Karan Thakkar****

Founder & CEO****

** **

EcoCentric Management****

A-24 Sector V, Opposite Mega Mall,  ****

Jogeshwari (W), Mumbai 400102****

Mob - +91 9820622802****

** **

[image: Description: LOGO-1 FONT-CC]****

** **

*India will generate 1 million tonnes of  by 2012. Want to contribute to the
environment then Click here <http://www.ecocentric.co.in/> *

** **

** **

** **

** **

*DISCLAIMER *

"The information in this mail is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorized. Any copying
or further distribution beyond the original recipient is not intended and
may be unlawful."****

** **