[tor] Successful founding meeting of Zwiebelfreunde ("Friends of the Onion")

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:55:02 +0200

Hi,

In a very nice atmosphere thirteen members founded the Zwiebelfreunde
("Friends of the Onion"). The notary has confirmed the board member
signatures, the tax authorities will hopefully give us a confirmation
soon so we can start to open a bank account, get a credit card etc.

Thanks to all who made this possible, and especially thanks to people
travelling from afar to be there.

We will soon have an official form for all those who would like to join
us. Fees will be 60 Euro per year for regular membership, 25 Euro for
reduced memberships (students, etc, no proof required), and anything on
top of that for those that want to give us more. ;-)

We want to keep accepting donations used 100% for exit bandwidth, but
also introduce the possibility to donate towards all we decide is useful
for the purpose to give us a bit more flexibility (bridges, but also
stuff like flyers, stickers etc).

Our main goal is to fully document *everything* that makes up
torservers.net - because centralization is bad, it is an archetype for
all similar ventures and we will be going to conferences talking about
"franchising" ;). Our statute includes the possibility to "seed fund"
more 'Torservers' if appropriate (and trustworthy).

To achieve a good documentation status, volunteers working on a
technical solution will not be able to deploy it themselves - another
volunteer has to use the documentation to deploy. :)

We know that we need more transparency on the whole process, and most of
you will want to know more about the board members etc. We aim to be as
transparent as possible, and it is just the workload and priorities that
delays this.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/