[tor] Re: Call for Action: Find VPS for Bridges

  • From: Tor Exit Node Operator <torexitnode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:13:35 -0500

eNotch doesn't care. $5.95 per month gets you 512mb RAM / unlimited 10Mbps (3.3TB per month)

They only care if you get a misconfigured server that allows someone to download torrents so MediaSentry complains or CERT whines because someone hit one of their honeypots

On 03/08/2011 04:52 PM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
Hi,

I have revised the Call for Action, so it should be easy to help us now
to find appropriate VPS for Bridge hosting. I have also listed some
possible sources and some example hosters.

https://www.torservers.net/wiki/hoster/bridges#action_request

I think every VPS should have at least 128MB RAM if used for a single
bridge, 256MB if used for more than one.
What do you think, how much RAM do 10 running bridges that are under
regular use need?

Remember, we are going to distribute most bridges personally, ie.
through other NGOs, not the Torproject pool.

--
--TENO
Tor Exit Node Operator